Factory cell phone problem!!

The factory cell phone in my NSX hasn't worked properly since I had it installed. It is getting power. But, there is no sound coming through the speaker. I have taken it to the dealership and their mechanics don't have an answer. All they are telling me is to take it to a local phone repair shop. That is getting me nowhere either! Considering they no longer make the phones and they are $1800 installed, I definately need to get it working! If anyone has had this problem or knows how to remedy it I would appreciate some well needed advice!! Thanks.

I wouldn't spend too much time/money trying to fix it for one main reason. I don't believe any wireless carrier will activate the service for you...even if you get it fixed. I think the NSX phone is a Motorola that operates on the NAMPS system (analog). Most wireless carriers are trying to get away from NAMPS customers b/c they want to get everyone on their respective digital technologies. The only reason why some carriers still spend the money to operate/maintain NAMPS networks is because they are required to do so by the FCC. I think they have to continue the network for a few more years before they can shut down analog. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by WeakestLink:
I wouldn't spend too much time/money trying to fix it for one main reason. I don't believe any wireless carrier will activate the service for you...even if you get it fixed. I think the NSX phone is a Motorola that operates on the NAMPS system (analog).

Well, I had my analog service (V3620) transferred to my NSX phone when I got the NSX... didn;t have a problem.

I have service. That's how I know it doesn't work. I just want to know how to solve the problem I described in my original post. Or at least find someone in the Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota area that can fix it for me.

Did you buy the phone separately and then have it installed in the car? Who did the installation? There are a number of things that need to be done during the installation to make the hands-free function work.

If it was installed and working and then stopped working, that might suggest some other things.

Please clarify what led up to the point where you are now.

Somebody actually uses the factory cell phone?!
confused.gif

It was installed by the dealer and it worked sporadically. It worked for about a month or so, then stopped suddenly. And worked again after I took it in to have it fixed. Then it stopped again. Both times they got it working they said that they were unsure of what caused it to fail or why it started working again?!?!?! So, now I'm here trying another angle! Thanks.

I'm glad my car didn't come with the factory cell phone. It's one of the rare options (auto trans) that I *didn't* want. How much weight does that thing add, by the way?

I live in clearwater. you can have my phone no charge.we meet up some day soon for a drive and I hand it over...sound good. let me know
David

cell phone

did you ever find out how to fix your phone? I have a problem with mine too. thanks for any info you might have
mark

i can't beleive people are still using there NSX phone's!!!!!!!:p
that's the first thing i got rid off on mine along with the 15's and 16's oem wheels

Re: How do you remove factory phone?

chumch said:
there are a few screws but removing them does not loosen the phone mount...I was stumped.

What am I missing?

Remove the phone from the mount. You should see some rubber nubs. Those nubs are actually covering screws. Remove the nubs and those screws and voila, off the mount goes.

If you are removing the center console, you will need to remove the mount.

Back