F430 Vs. Ford GT

Pick One

• Ferrari F430

Votes: 57 72.2%
  • Ford GT

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you had $175-200k burning a hole in your pocket. What would you pick.

Oh, and please refrain from the ubiquitous NSX, MDX, and TL or RL comments. :wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

The F430 of course............. :smile:

forgot to vote jaytip?

jaytip nsx said:
the ford GT. EVERYTIME

hmmm, well that's not what the poll indicates. I voted for the Ford GT (for which I'll explain below) much after your post, and the tally showed Ferrari F430: 9 , Ford GT: 1 :confused: Did you perhaps forget to vote?

I want a raw, intoxicating, ass-kicking, manly, beat me up, eat my tires and seeya later type of muscle car... Not something I have to baby around, watch the mileage, be concerned of lil' door dings and paint blemishes, etc. As I'm maturing (read: aging), I value peace of mind. All these concerns I wouldn't have to w/ the Ford GT. And yes- I've seen many in person, I've been in a few, and even gotten a few rides. It's basically an everyday car (in terms of the amount of TLC & being babied... like a Focus) so no fuss! :biggrin:

Sorry DrR' I have to bring up the NSX... Aside from aesthetics (if comparing to the more contemporary styled F430), I plan to keep 'a' NSX forever and update it w/ proper suspension bits & tuning, engine build-up along w/ a FX500 or even perhaps FX600/FX700 system that may in the years to come...! :cool:

Outside of a chance to acquire a MclarenF1 (a dream at bests), I think I'm stuck [by choice] w/ my NSX (to be brought upto modern specs' relative to other supercars, in due time) as I'm content w/ it and of it's potential yet to be experienced.

Last edited:
This is a tough one. I went with the F430, but I think the GT is a better looking car, but I think the Ferrari is probably more rewarding to drive.

I also think the GT will depreciate much faster than the F430. I also don't like the fact that there is ZERO storage in the GT.

What I would rather do is drop the 4.3L V8 into a 360 CS :)

I'd say they are aboth great cars, and I'd bet the reliability and performance are on par. That being said, I'd personally pick the Ferrari - personally the styling does more for me than the Ford; if I was to get a GT40 I prefer the lines of the original. :)

what's in a name?

AndyH said:
I would rather tell people that I drive a Ferrari than I drive a F O R D

hmmm... Put "Hyundai" in front of the NSX, I'd appreciate it no less at all whatsoever. {Just damn well better perform & be as it is maint'/service wise as the NSX} :tongue:

f430..nothing can touch the sound and excitement that come with a ferrari. I would take a 360 or 355 (best sounding car ever) over the ford.

Normally, i'd probably be slightly swayed to the Ferrari side, however i really dont like the looks of the 430. Plus the incredible performance of the Gt, and the fact that its a domestic car give it the slight edge for me.

i thought the GT was 125k. If the Gt is marked up that much the Ferrari would be more than 200k. F430 for me. It just looks cleaner than the GT.

FORD GT over the NEW 430...you must be f@%#ing kidding me!?!? ...even the very few vote the GT40 got surprise me....what next? A saleen S7 over a Mclaren F1 LM ?? ..lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NSXTASY_MD said:
FORD GT over the NEW 430...you must be f@%#ing kidding me!?!?
why?with the performance of the ford,it will match the 430 no problem.it will be cheaper to maintain and rarer(if ford does keep the numbers down).oh and its a nicer looking car IMO

Ford GT vs Ferrari F430???

WTF??? the result is obvious!!!

You should've made a thread something like...

Ferrari F430 vs Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari F430 vs Porsche 911 GT2
Ferrari F430 vs Aston Martin Vanquish
Ferrari F430 vs Pontiac Sunfire
Ferrari F430 vs Pagani Zonda

etc...

Timpo said:
Ford GT vs Ferrari F430???

WTF??? the result is obvious!!!

You should've made a thread something like...

Ferrari F430 vs Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari F430 vs Porsche 911 GT2
Ferrari F430 vs Aston Martin Vanquish
Ferrari F430 vs Pontiac Sunfire
Ferrari F430 vs Pagani Zonda

etc...

Pontiac Sunfire? :confused:

By the way, Pagani Zonda rocks!!! :)

I know its still early to tell, but I'm guessing the GT40 won't leave you stranded on the side of the road like the Ferrari. I'd save myself the embarrassment and go with the GT40. They're both hot looking cars.

Got to reply on this one. The more I read these forums and the Porsche forums the more I see a common theme of "Status" when it comes to vehicle ownership.

"It's a Ferrari" the Porsche guys always say "A NSX is a Honda a Porsche is a legend, icon, of course I'd rather own a Porsche".

Performane seems to always take a backseat to the percieved impression that others get from the car. Almost like big weenie syndrome or something.

The 5.4 liter GT motor is completely forged and has been dynoed at over 700rwhp with smaller pullies by VT engines. Just a pulley swap away and the GT will own any Ferrari, except a Enzo, any Porsche except a Carrera GT, and any Lambo..PERIOD!

The handling is equal, brakes equal, aerodynamics equal, gearing equal, and stock lap times and top speeds are equal. A GT tops out at 206mph and with a pulley swap it topped out at 214mph, pulls over 1g, what else do you want?

For people that need that "I'm cool" justification I guess a Ferrari is better.

Jasil said:
The handling is equal, brakes equal, aerodynamics equal, gearing equal, and stock lap times and top speeds are equal. A GT tops out at 206mph and with a pulley swap it topped out at 214mph, pulls over 1g, what else do you want?

For people that need that "I'm cool" justification I guess a Ferrari is better.

I agree with most of your comments. However, any top speed discussion is futile. Please show me a road or better yet a Track when you can go 206 MPH.

This one isnt the original block though, i believe its just a drop in from the Lightning (which is supercharged)
And whats wrong with the Ford legend? Watching Rides last night they made a statement that Ford was going to get serious with its racing effort. The GT40's from the 60's dominated Ferrari, and these may do so again. Yet still, the elitists that just want to show off their Ferrari will continue to buy them. Doesnt bug me, as long as they dont try to keep up with me on the track :biggrin:

Back