EXCELLENT Wheel Repairs - Modern Finish

I've been having several wheels repaired for me from a guy I knew back in High School. He owns and operates by himself a shop called "Modern Finish" (Finishes?). He can fix pretty much any automobile rims from cast to forged, whether it's a pothole bend, accident related, flat tire related, etc. He can even fix cracked rims, curbing, you name it, he can pretty much fix it. He also does polishing and refinishing, such as stripping down your stock nsx wheels and refinishing it with the desired color. He has done 2 pothole repairs and 1 flat tire damage repair for me.

In addition to wheel repair/refinishing, he can also polish misc parts and is an expert welderfabricator. I've seen some of his custom 2 wheeled and 4 wheeled creations, on road and off. His off road work also gets put to the test because many of them end up in racing. Recently, I've seen a Polaris Ranger that was chopped, then mated to a custom hand built tube chasis/suspension/body/frame.

His rates are also very reasonable (in my opinion, I have nothing to compare it to though). Some of the top local area body shops send any wheels that need repairs to him. His turn around is also pretty quick.

The only things I'm not sure of is 1) If he does chroming

***UPDATE)***
1)Yes, he can repair motorcycle rims.
2)Yes, he DOES do powdercoating.
3)Yes, he will ship.

Anyhow it's:
Justin @

Modern Finish
1831 E. 21st St
Merced, CA 95340

209-725-9207

[email protected]

Oh yeah, and if you're close enough, he can even unmount the tire for you, repair the wheel, then remount and balance it for you.

Last edited:
He's working on it. I was thinking the same thing and been bugging him about it. It just gets tough at times because he does get busy and might have 1 helper at times. Definitely working on it though. I should of posted some of mine but got too lazy to snap some.

sounds like he can refinish the wheels in a day's worth? if so, that's a deal. wish i was more up north in cali. how's the turn around time for people from socal?

For me, 1 rim bend repair has equaled ~1 week but then again I tell him to take his time, no rush, no hurry.

I'm GUESSING that the turn around would be the same for anyone, whenever the delivery man drops off and whenever the delivery man picks up.

I say give him a call during the week and see what he says.

Last edited:
Cool, I'll swing on in and bug him if he's at the shop tomorrow (friday) lol. I'll snap some pics of some stuff he's got in recently before fix, and if he remembers to call me, I'll snap some after fix if he doesn't.

Cool, I'll swing on in and bug him if he's at the shop tomorrow (friday) lol. I'll snap some pics of some stuff he's got in recently before fix, and if he remembers to call me, I'll snap some after fix if he doesn't.

Can you post his email or shipping address? I spoke to him and he was supposed to email his address so I can send him my damaged wheel?

does he have a website?

thanks
rick

Alrighty, here ya go. He was meaning to get back to you but got caught up with wife and valentines day weekend.

[email protected]

Modern Finish
1831 E. 21st St
Merced, CA 95340

I'm still working on the pictures. He's heading up the road to pick some up for repair. He'll be giving me a call and I'll snap some befores. Then some afters when they're ready.

Last edited:
Just a little article I found on Justin to give a little background. He also owns "Kwik Components" and has the ability to custom build parts/components. Also has the skill to build those rear under car diffusers everyone's been going crazy over here on prime. If it can be made of metal, more than likely he can build it.

An article in Sport Truck Magazine with one of Justin's AWESOME creations. A custom lifted 2004 Chevy Silverardo 2500HD 4x4 w/ blown alcohol 405ci motor on nitrous. I've seen this in person and it's truely an awesome monster. What's crazy is I think he actually DRIVES this thing to shows in Vegas and such.

http://www.sporttruck.com/featuredv...blown_2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd/index.html

More images:
http://www.sporttruck.com/featuredv...wn_2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd/photo_01.html

0901st_01_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+front_left_view.jpg

0901st_02_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+tank.jpg

0901st_09_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+custom_interior.jpg

0901st_04_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+engine.jpg

0901st_13_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+blower.jpg

0901st_18_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+grille.jpg

0901st_15_z+2004_chevy_silverado_2500_hd+rear_left_view.jpg

Last edited:
Saw your wheel today S4Play, guess it just got in on Friday. Man, that 02 rim is munched pretty good. Did you happen to take pictures before you sent it off? Or should I do it?

BTW, the rim says Honda on the inside, and forged stamped on the outside lip, but shouldn't it say BBS also on the outside?

Oh and Justin also does POWERCOATING. I walked in and I guess he brought his powdercoating equipment into his main shop.

Take some before/after pictures. I have a couple of wheels I want refinished and I'm just waiting to see pictures. Thanks :)

Modern Finish is powder coating a set of 1996 OEM's gunmetal for me right now. I live in Missouri and shipping one way is $80.00. I can post some after pictures when I get them.

Really? I didn't see him for weeks until yesterday when I went in, so I don't know what he's been up to other than a few shows. I'll go see him. Prob won't be till tuesday though. When did you call last? I'd call him again.

I saw the set of NSX rims. They're being stripped at the moment.

He also mentioned sending back a set of repaired nsx rims recently. Apparently he compared the shape to eggs lol.

If anyone needs me, feel free to PM :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't email since he rarely ever goes online. I'd just call and leave a message. I'll swing down to his shop go see whats up before I head out of town today.

Justin is a 1 man owned and operated shop, so I have seen him get buried to his eye balls at times. Especially now during car and motorcycle show season. He always expresses his apologies to me if he stumbles at times with you guys but I'm sure any small business owner can understand.

Last edited:
I was supposed to meet up with him in Gilroy to give him 2 wheels but with his busy schedule it looks like I may need to ship to him.

Can you confirm and I'll send them out to him.

thanks
rick

I was supposed to meet up with him in Gilroy to give him 2 wheels but with his busy schedule it looks like I may need to ship to him.

Can you confirm and I'll send them out to him.

thanks
rick

Dang, should of hit me up too if you guys are need something like that. I'm always out and about.

I was in SF all day today, then the evening in Cupertino, then back up through north and finally home. I'm always roaming around.

I'll find out tuesday. I don't think he'll be open on monday.

Dang, should of hit me up too if you guys are need something like that. I'm always out and about.

I was in SF all day today, then the evening in Cupertino, then back up through north and finally home. I'm always roaming around.

I'll find out tuesday. I don't think he'll be open on monday.

If you see him or talk to him ask him to give me a call. I left my number on his machine. Thanks :)

I talked to him for a brief second yesterday. However I was just about to pull on the freeway and didn't have my ear piece (fat ticket) but I was in a hurry to get to San Francisco. By the time I called him back, he had already left. No worries, I'll take care of it. I think he needs to hire an actual secretary/assistant though lol.

I'm guessing it might be early next week. I can't commit to a date as of yet, but I'm guessing between sunday and tuesday. This friday is my graduation so things are a little hectic. Will keep you posted, you should still have my number. If not I'll pm it over. That was 2 rims correct?

As for Veleno, you should be getting a call from Justin. I will relay part of what he had to say about the powder coat chrome stuff. He got a sample, tested it out and was not satisfied with how it came out. It did not come out to be a high polish shine you would expect from a chrome, but rather a dull grey like. He pointed at a dull aluminum chevy intake manifold as comparison. I would say it was like bare aluminum that was starting to get oxidized and needed a real good polishing, nothing close to a nice new chrome bumper look.

thanks Koolaid for coming by to pick up the 2 NSX OEM rims from me on Tuesday (6/2) for repair/refinish! Let me know how those rims come out!

I have some more s2000 wheels for work once these are completed. I called and left Justin a voicemail as well so just let me know ETA :)

rick

Back