Eventhough my car is a NA1, should I consider it as a NA2?

Okay, my '01 NSX is an automatic and hence my Vin starts out as JH4NA1. I've noticed that some aftermarket vendors would distinguish the car by NA1 or NA2 and not by model year. When ordering brakes or suspension components should I be looking at parts made for the NA2? Do you think it'll be lame if I ordered a personal license plate that says "NA2 NSX"?

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

IMO the plate is a little much, as you got a NA1 under the engine cover (3.0L not the 3.2 L) if you got the plate it would be like if I put a V12 emblem on a S500...kinda tacky cuz its not the under the hood (S600s have the emblems stock). But then again 99.99% of people will have no clue what NA2 means...let alone what a NSX is
tongue.gif

That said, when searching for parts, you car more or less is a hybrid I believe, in the sense that the suspesion/brake components are like those found on NA2s, but still remember that its a NA1 engine w/ auto trany, and would use NA1 parts for engine enhancement.

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

[This message has been edited by Auraraptor (edited 19 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Auraraptor:
IMO the plate is a little much, as you got a NA1 under the engine cover (3.0L not the 3.2 L) if you got the plate it would be like if I put a V12 emblem on a S500...kinda tacky cuz its not the under the hood (S600s have the emblems stock).

This is exactly what I was thinking, but NA1 was taken, but now NA2 is taken too! Because most people think of NA2 as 97+ NSXs I would think it won't be as misleading. I have an S600 myself and the example you gave is not something I would do. It's like sticking a Typer R sticker on a civic, I think most people know that the S500 has a V8. I've seen porsches in my area with the GT3 emblem. Now that is lame!

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Exhaust on the 97+ autos should be 97+ (NA2) as well. The hanger assembly is different.

Just a little factoid.... Honda lists the 91-96 NSXs as having C30A Ver 1, and the 97+ autos as a C30A Ver 2. I don't think any internal changes were made, but visually my engine looks exactly the same as the NA2 engine. It has the red valve covers and everything.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by RyRy210:
This is exactly what I was thinking, but NA1 was taken, but now NA2 is taken too! Because most people think of NA2 as 97+ NSXs I would think it won't be as misleading. I have an S600 myself and the example you gave is not something I would do. It's like sticking a Typer R sticker on a civic, I think most people know that the S500 has a V8. I've seen porsches in my area with the GT3 emblem. Now that is lame!

S600? You should have bought a 750iL like me! :0) just playing, nice to see anoher german V12 lux. sedan enthusist(sp?)....

...isn't that torque wonderful?
smile.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

S600? You should have bought a 750iL like me! :0) just playing, nice to see anoher german V12 lux. sedan enthusist(sp?)....

...isn't that torque wonderful?
smile.gif

I got a huge discount because dealers were trying to get rid of the old ones to make room for the new ones. The 750il was what I wanted, but the S-class was too good of a deal at the time. Now I kick myself all the time! I love the styling of the new S-class and hate the styling of the new 7. I wish I can go back in time and get a 7 series, even if its a 740il, or have waited to get the new S-class. Oh wells, just had to vent! =)

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

BTW did you try NSXT NA2 or NSXT NA1? or switdhing the NA and NSX?

I think I'll just stick with my sequential plates. Thanks for all of ur feedback!

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by RyRy210:
hate the styling of the new 7.

You're not alone. That car looks like the designer of the trunk lid wasn't talking with the people designing all the other body panels.

Back