Euro NSX Toolkit Help

Ben

Experienced Member
Hello,

I was wondering if some of our Prime members in Europe could help me with some questions about the European toolkit. I ordered a set of the tools, but not sure I got exactly what I ordered.

4265nsx-toolkit_edit2.jpg

1. What are the items circled in red?

2. Where does the large tow hook mount on the car when in use?

3. I assume the two items on the left are a screwdriver and an extra bit. The US toolkit has a flathead screwdriver in the space on the bottom, and nothing in the space on the top. Is this the same for the Euro toolkit, and the item on top of it a Phillips bit?

4. The item on the right appears to be just a round bar. Is this correct?

5. I received 2 round bars. The one on top fits in the space circled on the right in the picture above. Is the one in the bottom a non-NSX part? If it is an NSX part, what is it, and where does it fit in the toolkit? The two bars:

4265CIMG3798_640.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Ben said:
Hello,

I was wondering if some of our Prime members in Europe could help me with some questions about the European toolkit. I ordered a set of the tools, but not sure I got exactly what I ordered.

4265nsx-toolkit_edit2.jpg

1. What are the items circled in red?

2. Where does the large tow hook mount on the car when in use?

3. I assume the two items on the left are a screwdriver and an extra bit. The US toolkit has a flathead screwdriver in the space on the bottom, and nothing in the space on the top. Is this the same for the Euro toolkit, and the item on top of it a Phillips bit?

4. The item on the right appears to be just a round bar. Is this correct?

5. I received 2 round bars. The one on top fits in the space circled on the right in the picture above. Is the one in the bottom a non-NSX part? If it is an NSX part, what is it, and where does it fit in the toolkit? The two bars:

4265CIMG3798_640.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ben

2. Since 97 the tow hook is monted on the rear bumper (see pic).

3. The two items on the left are a screwdriver and an extra bit.
Flathead screwdriver and a Phillips bit.
4. Correct !

5. I don't know why you received 2 bars. My toolkit has only one.

MadFinc

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thanks! That clears a lot of things up. The US bumper does not have the cutout for the tow hook, so I guess I cannot use it unless there is another point where it can be mounted. Where was it mounted for 1991-1996?

For the round bar, what is it used for?

Actually, what are the long hollow tube and short hollow tube used for? They look like nut/bolt drivers, but are they meant for any particular bolts in specific?

j14nsx said:
The bar goes in the hole in the socket, just to the left of the bar in your pic. A spark plug socket? Never used it to find out.

Thanks! Does the Euro owner's manual provide any detail as to what the less-than-obvious tools are for, and how they are used?

Ben said:
Thanks! That clears a lot of things up. The US bumper does not have the cutout for the tow hook, so I guess I cannot use it unless there is another point where it can be mounted. Where was it mounted for 1991-1996?

Its not 97+ only, its all years.

DutchBlackNsx said:
Its not 97+ only, its all years.

Thanks! :smile:

I guess US spec cars cannot use the hook.

Back