Enkei Kojin

So you forgot the weights, have dirty brakes, and you are terrible at photography.... OK you're fired... LOL

Man the more I look at them the more I like them. Can you at least give us the sizes and offsets? :)
17x8 +35
18×9.5 +30
215-40-17
275-35-18

- - - Updated - - -

Take some pictures front/rear looking down the side of the car to show how the rims line up with the fenders! Pretty please?

ill take some more pictures later on today

Last edited:
215-35-17
275-30-18

Are you sure? I think you've also forgotten this... LOL. I've never seen a 275/30/18 and I've only seen one tire in that front size. Plus I have no idea why someone would go with those sizes. I am attributing this to a mental lapse nsex1991!! :P

Are you sure? I think you've also forgotten this... LOL. I've never seen a 275/30/18 and I've only seen one tire in that front size. Plus I have no idea why someone would go with those sizes. I am attributing this to a mental lapse nsex1991!! :P

ah shit sorry turbo doing 10 things at once, 215-40-17 and 275-35-18

- - - Updated - - -

05-29-2013 062.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

05-29-2013 058.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

05-29-2013 059.jpg05-29-2013 061.jpg

Here is my set. front weighed in at 20lbs, and rear 21lbs

good looking wheel and great price. Do they come in any other finishes other than silver and black?

Awesome. Thanks for the share. They look great. Interesting to see the size difference between the front and rear but they have very little weight disparity.

Whoa, now those look great

Do you have much caliper clearance?

I haven't had a problem. Then again Ididnt even look for it. I'm going to lower the rear just a tad more and add 8mm spacers all around.​

Here is my set. front weighed in at 20lbs, and rear 21lbs

Are these weight numbers with or without tires?
What size rims and tires are you running at all 4 corners? Looks like you could have gone wider with the rear tires.

Last edited:
Close up pics? I wonder if these will clear Stoptech BBK..... hmmmmm

I seriously doubt it. Even with the curve of the RSII my stoptechs are literally within a mm of the wheel. It is uncomfortably close.

- - - Updated - - -

Are these weight numbers with or without tires?
What size rims and tires are you running at all 4 corners? Looks like you could have gone wider with the rear tires.

Tires are roughly 20-25 pounds each. If that weight is with tires I think he has been time traveling. Bringing back metallurgy from the year 2275. LOL

Last edited:
Wheels look real nice. Daddy likes!!

I am surprised they weigh 20/21 lbs. Are they 17/18 wheels?

I am not surprised. They aren't forged or flow formed wheels. They are standard cast. That's why they cost what they cost. You can't have everything.

I have complete confidence in the strength of wheels from Enkei. From their website:

All Enkei wheels are engineered to pass rigorous testing. In fact, Enkei established its own test standard called “Spec-E,” which is tougher than JWL requirements. Enkei’s Spec-E test setting requires a higher drop point in the impact test and 20% more cycles for the rotary bending fatigue and dynamic radial fatigue tests than JWL standards.The Spec-E represents Enkei’s confidence in its technology and quality of Enkei wheels.

I believe the first Type-R wheels were made by Enkei right?

I might actually look into the XXR wheels in gold. Be nice to have a spare set to swap out everynowandthen!

@06_typeS Wat offset did you go wit? Ive had these wheels in mind since these came into my shop as display.. And i was able to get a quote of $865 shipped to me since i was a enkei dealer..

Last edited:
Ok, here are my specs. (Fronts) 17x8 + 35 offset on 215/40/17 Yoko S drives. (Rears) 18x9.5 +35 offset with 255/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE something or other lol. I also added 8mm spacers all around. Pics were taken before the spacers, now im sitting very flush with fender with no rubbing. Great looking wheel. Im so happy I went with the Matte Silver vs the Matte Black.

Last edited:
Back