Engine running rought at idle

I recently bought a 2000 nsx and after bring it home I noticed that the engine doesn"t seem to run that smooth at idle.In neutral if i bring up the rpm it seem to get worse up to 2100 rpm.At 2100 rpm it gets to the point were I can feel a small vibration true out the car.At 3000 rpm it completely goes away.
I didn't notice this when I went to see it or test drove it.And I can't drive it now cause it's winter so I don't know if it does it while driving.I had the car past a ppi at an acura dealer with a mechanic that knows these car and he said the car was mechanically perfect
My question is, is this normal and if not can anyone tell what the cause could be

It's common for an NSX engine to run somewhat rough at low RPM; without seeing (feeling) it first hand, it's hard to say if yours is excessive. Some issues that can cause roughness are discussed in a FAQ page. Note also that an NSX has a 90° V6 rather which is not as smooth as a 60° V6.

Thanks Tom239.After reading the faq I think everything is normal.Even like they say in the faq it gets better when it warms up and idle drops.I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was going get worse and damage other stuff.

check your O2 sensor. Also I had an issue with the air intake with a smal crack in the flexible acordian like fitting from the air cleaner. A small leak will fool the O2 sensor and cause too lean a mixture. It is worth a visual.
When you say rough, does it seem to miss? or is it just not smooth. May be normal. The idle RPM is adjustable.

Back