Electronic Toothbrushes: Any Reviews?

Hello,

I am considering either Sonicare or Oral-B electronic toothbrushes. Has anyone ever tried both or either brushes?

Any comments would be appreciated!

While I don't endorse any single product to my patients, I personally like the Sonicare. You can get it pretty cheap at Costco if there is a store near you.

I hv both and think the sonicare does a better job. Feels like you just had your teeth cleaned by a dentist.
I think both products hv just been upgraded so I can't tell you for sure, but I would go with the sonicare.

Sonicare is the best IMO.

But remember one thing, no matter how much you brush your teeth, you still need to floss!!:D :D

I love my sonicare. I have been using it for 2 years now and not a single complaint. The dentists office thought my teeth looked in great shape. (I had not been in 2 years). Before sonicare, I would get crap from them about plaque and not flossing. But not one mention of either since using sonicare.

Another thumb's up for Sonicare. After having major reconstructive work done on my mouth, it has been the best one that I have tried.

Due to gum problems my dentist got a Sonicare for me when the first demo units came out many years ago. It made a huge improvement and I still use the original unit today. And as was stated available at Costco/Sam's.

My wife and I just bought a Sonicare for Christmas. The performance is unbelievable. They were developed by folks from the dental school up here at the University of Washington...so I've known about it for years, just never bothered to buy one...as I just couldn't believe that they're as good as they are. Well, was I wrong. I will NEVER go back to a normal brush. As someone said previously...it's just like getting your teeth cleaned! While there's been some patent challenges, I think it's the only one on the market using the sonic principle that way.

Huge vote for Sonicare too. Much better than Oral B.

Ortal B

I got Oral B 3D excel copuple of years ago and so far no problems. It has two speeds and does the job well. I also purchased a little device called waterpik which is a deep cleaning water jet that washes away food, debris, and whatever gets stuck between your teeth. Use it with water or for a special kick in the pants add your favorite mouth wash. You will love the feeling. (cost - about $30)

My vote goes to the....

I like the Oral-B 3-D Excel over the Sonicare. The head is smaller and is easier to get to the back and sides of the back teeth.
Most dental offices can get a professional model that has 2 handles, 2 heads, a charger base and a travel case for the same price as the one you get at Costco or Target with only one handle.
And, you can also get a $10 dollar rebate on top of that.
And no, I do not own stock in Oral-B! :D

Joel 91 Black / Ivory

I've never used Sonicare, but like my Oral-B Professional model. Its much better than the Oral-B from a few years back. It spins so fast now it sounds like a dentist drill.

I have plenty of Oral-B replacement heads so I'll probably stick to Oral-B for a while before checking out the Sonicare. The replacement heads on the Oral-B are pretty inexpensive.

Another vote for Sonicare

I've been using a Sonicare for several years now, I bought my first unit when Service Merchandise was in its heyday. :eek:

I haven't used any rotating brush handhelds such as the Braun or OralB, but I think the Sonicare is gentler on the teeth because you're not supposed to press it too hard against the tooth/gum surface due to the way it's designed. I hear a lot of people get premature teeth wear because of brushing too hard.

My peeves about Sonicare:

1. rechargeable battery not replaceable :(
2. I have to press the button a couple of times because two minutes just isn't enough to get that fresh, after-the-dentist feeling IMO.

If you go with the Sonicare, be sure to register with them for an additional $10 rebate (they just require copies of your receipt and UPC code, I believe):

http://www.sonicare.com/owners/register/default.asp

BTW, if you're thinking about Cybersonic, don't:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff18603.htm

Thank you so much for your time, inputs and comments, guys!!!

I will stop by Costco over the weekend!

Hi Tiger, you can get $20 off on the Sonicare at Costco from 2/16-2/22. You don't need the coupon, they usually have extra coupons at the checkout stands, or you can ask for one at Guest Services.

sonicare.jpg

Thanks for the information on the coupon, PHOEN$X & Macster!!

TigerNSX said:
Hello,

I am considering either Sonicare or Oral-B electronic toothbrushes. Has anyone ever tried both or either brushes?

Any comments would be appreciated!

I had an Oral-B and got a Sonicare (7300) for Christmas. There is BIG difference. If you want an Oral B, I may still be able to dig mine out of the trash...;)

Back