Eileen is taking a nap until the Spring

Looks like Eileen is taking a nap :(

Today I tried to get some quick driving time in, and see my friend in North Bergen. When I left Sparta it was sunny, by the time I got to Rt80 it was like a blizzard!! The road quickly covered with snow, and sanding trucks couldn't get out in time. I saw several accidents and I obviously turned around and went home.

I have to say the car drove pretty damn good as long as I took it easy. Coming up a long hill before Sparta on Rt15 several cars were stuck on the side of the road fighting for grip, the NSX just trucked along nicely.

Regardless of how pleased I am about the characteristics of the car in bad weather, I'm done. I'm too worried about salt on the aluminum, and my black finished getting sand blasted. My pride and joy is going away til' the spring. I spent 3 hours cleaning her (in the cold) and now she is tucked away in the garage.

At least the winter gives me time to fix my bent wheel, torn CV boot, and clean the almighty hell out of the suspension, undercarriage, and engine :)

Hopefully when she emerges next year she will have some new body work, and a 4.23 rear. I would like to do a FI solution, but like I said on another thread, If I do that before I go to driving school DocJohn, Peter Mills, and Bob O. are gonna give me an old fashion beat down:D:D

Now it's time for my Cherokee snow beast to get some action, and start practicing with my new early birthday present...Canon 10D :D:D:D

Does this sound familiar:

"Down time!?!? Do you not drive your car during the winter, what do you need time to rest and recover, are you some kind of old-timer or something (oh sorry I forgot...you are), or is it just that you lack the skills to adjust for the colder street and tire tempertures."

But do not worry because we can overlook the original sanctimonious ramblings in that other thread because, young grasshopper, you have shown a semblance of acumen in the realization that you should modify your driving abilities before selling your soul for mods.

To Bee, or not to Bee

RSO 34 said:
Does this sound familiar:

"Down time!?!? Do you not drive your car during the winter, what do you need time to rest and recover, are you some kind of old-timer or something (oh sorry I forgot...you are), or is it just that you lack the skills to adjust for the colder street and tire tempertures."

But do not worry because we can overlook the original sanctimonious ramblings in that other thread because, young grasshopper, you have shown a semblance of acumen in the realization that you should modify your driving abilities before selling your soul for mods.

ROTFLMAO, you guys are too much, it really is getting depressing. Two days into the month of December, and snow. I've got my car in the garage, under ye ole car cover, ready to emerge on anyday when the streets are dry and clean. Yes, I do drive it in the rain, but this time of year, rain can freeze, and I don't like the thought of someone hitting me (I know that I can drive on the cold streets, it's the other guy I worry about). Anyway, are you going to make it a "Bee" clone, or are you going to do "real" performance upgrades, not just cosmetic!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Actually....Bob overlooked the fact that I mentioned the salt and sand on the aluminum structure scaring me, not the driving itself. Regardless, I would like to think that conversation is behind me (like Bob will be next year at the Glen:D:D)

As for performance mods, the suspension is already swapped out and "Bee approved" As far as the body, well I'm putting on a Type R wing, and hood, I'm then going to seal up the bottom of the front end with a pan like the Type R and duct the radiator to the hood. Finally I will throw the same 02/03 side skirts and rear valance like the Bee has. Some people don't think it will help with down force, but Honda thinks it does;) ;) The forced induction kit WILL happen, but seriously I think the guys are right, I should learn to drive the car on the track first. Plus, I think I will get more satisfaction from the increase in HP after I get some track instruction. Hopefully I can get John or Peter to be my instructor, those 2 are truly incredible!! As far as satisfying the immediate need for speed, I think the 11 HP I gained from the Paddock muffler and the soon to be installed 4.23 Final drive should be good for now:D:D:D

jadkar said:
I would like to think that conversation is behind me (like Bob will be next year at the Glen)

Of course I will be behind you. I wouldn't miss the opportunity to video the effect of the 11 hp gain as your Type R wing swings around into the tire wall in Turn 1.

But for now, let's talk about you getting that HPDE experience so that the video never happens.

I wouldn't miss the opportunity to video the effect of the 11 hp gain as your Type R wing swings around into the tire wall in Turn 1.
You know Bob, some people might consider saying that to be a little taboo. Especially considering, God forbid, it could really happen.

That's why I wrote the second part of the post as a "gentle reminder" of what we expect of you so that it never does happen. As you pointed out initially, DocJohn, Peter and I will give you more than old fashioned beat down if you don't take our advice.

We kid around about a lot of things but we all take track events very seriously and it is our collective goal that anyone joining us on the track be well prepared and trained so that incidents do not occur.

Now stop making me appear like I care about your well-being and go back to being a wiseass so I can put you in your place.

All seems well in our NE section.The love is contageous.John I know how you feel,about the snowy roads.I spent over an hour white knuckling down 380 to rt80 in a freak blizzard 4 yrs ago.And its all about the tires.The so2's had little to no grip.I don't think its unreasonable to drive in winter as long as you can get some winter tires.I'm not a metalurgist but I don't see the various antifreeze goop that is pumped onto roads as being deadly to Aluminummmm.Now, next season you will start off with an early hpde with scda or pda!

SUPERCHARGER- SUPERCHARGER-SUPERCHARGER-SUPERCHARGER-SUPERCHARGER-SUPERCHARGER!

Now I'm gonna get it. :p

Hey.... I hit 500 posts. time to celebrate with a SUPER......
(ala Lou Costello: I'm a baaad boy.)

wow.....you, me, and Bob (from account temps) just hit 500 about the same time....very strange

The three of you have conspired to elevate your post counts,and John blew the whistle.Joe don't egg on John,Eileen dos'nt need a blower:p

Thank you for tuning in to:

"As the NSX Turns"

Find out if Eileen comes out from UNDER the covers with or without her skirts and a new attitude. Will she get a blower and be too hot to handle for dear John? Will Peter, Doc or Bob have to step in to show her the way around the course? Will she still be the beautiful dependable sleek beauty that won John's heart or just too hot too soon? :D :D :D :D :D ;)

FInd out next time on - AS THE NSX TURNS -coming this spring!
:D

Or In someone elses case 'As the nsx spins'.Soaps need love triangles,and the John-Karen-Eileen isosceles works nicely!

You now how to tease a guy!lol:cool:

I have no words :D:D:D

Back