Eight years of ownership and NOW she gets hit

Greetings

I would ask the local Acura dealer. You may not be getting it fixed where they tell you, but they will recommend someone who will do a first class job -- their reputation is riding on it.

Martin

Back when Jon Martin was still at South Bay Acura, they recommend San Pedro Autobody for NSX work. Not sure if you ask them now whether they will say the same thing.

Very sorry to see this. It makes me ill just looking at it. I am sure they will fix her up good as new.

Damn man. Sorry about your ride. Hope you get her fixed asap and with as little hassle as possible. :smile:

Oh man, sorry to hear about the damage to your NSX. Hopefully you get it back on the road soon.

Really sorry and sad for you and your beautiful NSX, the trucks, it is really a wound on the roads! you have 2 choices, that is to say, you made it repair like origin, I advise you to go to Ferrari for the repair work of the aluminium body, or, you benefits from it to return to him a beautiful aspect with a wide body kit, the money of the insurance will allow you to finance part of work and thus, you will have a very new NSX with a new look!
I wish you good courage for the continuation, I am certain that you go to find a sublime car!

I am very sorry to hear about your accident.
Looking at the pictures reminds again on how accidents sometimes just happend without us drivers having any influence over it.

I wonder what the truck driver told you right after the accident. You were more or less right in front and to the right of him. How come he didn't see you?

As for the damage, it looks like the damage is all in the bolt-on parts, but to be sure, you should realy have the rear bumper taken off to see if there is any damage to the rear of the main chassis.

That said, everything else is just pretty easy to replace. It's one of the reasons Honda decided to make the external bodywork all from bolt-on pieces instead of welded so that damage could be more easily fixed.

And while you are at it, you might as well get the 2002+ lower valence, it will make you car look better and make you feel better afterwards also :smile:

Don't worry too much about it, you will be back on the road soon and when you are driving YOUR NSX again, you will soon forget about it.

Back when Jon Martin was still at South Bay Acura, they recommend San Pedro Autobody for NSX work. Not sure if you ask them now whether they will say the same thing.

South Bay (Power) Acura would recommend Reflections Autobody in Gardena. However, Reflections no longer works on aluminum and NSX's, so guess who the guys at Reflections would recommend? Yup, San Pedro Auto Body.

How about a name that goes along with the time line between the first generation car and the new generation car.....ETERNITY

Thanks for the sympathy notes. Every time I open my garage, I'm hit with emotion...but that's really the only time I think about the incident and, surprising given how much I love my car, I haven't shed a tear yet. I guess I'm still in denial.

San Pedro Auto Body sounds promising. I talked to Fabian and turns out that they are an authorized repair facility for my insurance...so getting my NSX repaired right should be less painful than I thought. I'm still waiting to arrange transport to the auto shop, so my NSX is still sitting in my garage.

I wonder what the truck driver told you right after the accident. You were more or less right in front and to the right of him. How come he didn't see you?

His first comment was, "Didn't you see my turn signal?" My reply was, "You were BEHIND me!"

It was a bright and sunny day and we were on a straight four-lane wide stretch of Hawthorne driving slow and in traffic. There was little to impede visibility other than the height of his 2004 GMC C6500 versus my NSX. I think the overall height of the NSX is shorter than the diameter of the truck's wheel.

Before he left, the driver acknowledged that he first noticed my car when I was following behind him...which was true. But I had moved to the lane to his right before we stopped for a red light at the previous intersection. I guess he hadn't noticed THAT.

And while you are at it, you might as well get the 2002+ lower valence, it will make you car look better and make you feel better afterwards also :smile:

I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure how well I'd like the 2002+ lower valance and bumper if I don't do other modifications...and I'm not really considering any other mods at this time. But that does happen to be the one feature I really like about the 2002+ facelift....so it IS something to think about.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about the accident. :frown:

I am glad to hear that you are not hurt. Hopefully, your car will be on the road soon.

wow , it hurts just to see that picture.

i have a red 97 and man.... looks almost exactly like my car.:frown:

good luck. i know a few great body shops here locally but nothing down in your neck of the woods.

good luck with the repairs.

Rob:smile:

Ouch...new wrinkle...Fabian found out that his aluminum guy is out on medical leave for who knows how long. So I'm now back in the hunt for an auto shop.

He says that Prestige Too Auto Body should have someone who works with aluminum, so now I'm leaning towards them. He also mentioned some place in Huntington Beach that is supposed to be good, but he couldn't recall the name.

Hi,

first of all, sorry for yout misfortune. Hope all this comes to a good end.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but i suppose you won't need much of a allminium expert since the frame isn't damaged or any part will be reconditioned...

the work seems to be all about bolt-on new parts (rear driver side fender and liner, rear bumper and rear valence) with paint job.

I think the real trick here is the paint quality and parts fitment..

once again, hope everything goes smooth.

Nuno

Eric, sorry to hear about your accident. I understand how you feel. I've been hit 3 times in my 8 year ownership/50,000 miles. The one thing I've learned is not to be stressed out from something that happened beyond your control.

ERIC! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! I'm glad you are OK. Your car was always mint!!!

I've also heard San Pedro is the place to go. But since the aluminum guy is out, here's something I saved from the NSX lists several years ago. Please note the year this email was sent and things may have changed. Just use your best judgment. I hope this helps.

Maybe you can ask Woodwork if Honda still goes to San Pedro for body work?

--Conrad

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [NSX] Looking for Body shop need in So Cal area
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:52:45 -0800 (PST)
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Frankly guys...I've gotta put my foot down. San Pedro Autobody's work is pretty lack luster. An NSX club member had his car repaired there...and not only did it take too long, they ended up having to respray the car because the paint didn't match. I've seen numerous cars that have had work done there and they are merely average jobs.
For the best paint shop in the south bay go to "Performance Autobody" in Torrance. I hate to sound like an advertisement. The owner's name is Gary and they mainly do Corvettes and high end cars. I have seen his "custom jobs" on numerous vehicles. Particularily a dark purple Viper...top notch. I work for Nissan North America, and we only use him for our show cars and sometimes for "other" stuff....

keN SaX <[email protected]> wrote: > Can't stress the importance of finding a body shop that will do a good =
> paint job. Please let me know the shop you have good experience with. =

San Pedro Auto Body. They're the NSXperts.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/dealers_and_service/sanpedro.htm

keN SaX
[email protected]

John Stramotas
[email protected]

Hey Conrad...roughly 3/4 of my car is still mint :eek:

268669131_kyCog-800x800.jpg

Just got another recommendation for Bravo Collision in Torrance...starting to lean in this direction now.

Bravo Collision is no longer an option...they no longer work on aluminum! Back in the hunt...

Last edited:
God Eric that makes me want to shed a tear.

I'm just glad that you're ok. At the end of the day, as special as these cars are... they are still just cars. Humans are far more difficult to repair and that clown in the uber-truck could have caused some serious damage had he hit the passenger compartment and not the rear bumper. Take comfort in the little things.

I hope this all works out for you and you get your beautiful NSX back on the road quickly and safely.

Whats wrong with this board anymore? Has it gone that far south?

Not entirely Mark but it is a different board than even a few short years ago. Prime is still the best place on the net for NSX lovers but it aint the same.

Bravo Collision is no longer an option...they no longer work on aluminum! Back in the hunt...

Have you taken it just to *any* reputable NSX workshop yet? From the looks of the pics, you just need to replace your fender (and maybe a wheel and some suspension...worst case). There's nothing to fix here (aluminum or otherwise), just replace meticulously and paint perfectly. No?

Regardless, someone's insurance is paying for this so why pay to have things "fixed". I'd rather have "new".

Go to the place that can match the paint perfectly and you'll be back to new in no time.

Agree, its "merely a flesh wound"
I would be more interested in the paint aspect, over the body work.

Christian, agree also.
But the term salvage was tossed out there as well as an offer to pick up at a "fair" price...... Insult to injury, salt in the wound etc........
Da Hapa are you keeping your NSX now? (off topic)

Back