• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EGR question

I understood from previous topics on this, that there will be an engine check/error code when this is done

I understood from previous topics on this, that there will be an engine check/error code when this is done

I know i'll get a check engine light if i remove it alltogether, but wondered if i leave it fitted just with the blanking plates installed so ECU thinks it's still there but no exhaust gas in the inlet.

If you like, you can always program the ECU to not run the EGR. I was dealing with a high NOx issue on my car and was able to increase the EGR lift by modifying the ECU ROM's EGR map. You can set the whole map table to 0 in effect disabling EGR. Then you wouldn't have to change anything on the engine.

Assuming you have a NA1 ECU, you would need to desolder IC404 (ROM), install a socket and have a new 27C256 ROM with the updated program installed.

I can help you with modifying the program if you have someone read the chip and send me the file. Or read off the white silk screen number on top of the chip to me (it should read something like 61E or something similar with 2 numbers and a letter) and I'll see if I have the stock program that I can just modify and send you. Then have someone burn the modified code onto the new 27C256 chip for you.

Thanks.
Eddy

Any ill effects if i block of the EGR with OEM ECU. I'll still leave it connected but seal the holes.

Anyone done this with Stock ECU?

Back