edmunds ranks NSX as the greatest V6-powered car ever

I thought the GTR would take number 1. Also I had no idea the jag XJ220 had a V6. The XJ220 would of been my vote for number 1.

Thats cause john, your ranking the car as well. Mclaren or xj220. Both smoke the nsx, a more rare, ect. But just looking at the engine. What was special about xj220 for ex. High hp twin turbo, nothing amazing. Nsx though first vtec all aliminum ect ect. I doubt any car like jag or mclaren or gtr will last 400k miles. Hell my 350z motor lasted 30k b4 i lemoned it.

I love that the NSX holds the numero uno spot, but to rank it above the MP4/4.

Yeah, don't know about that one. If you're going to say any V6 powered car, well... the greatest F1 car ever made plus one of (if not the) the greatest driver is a pretty unbeatable combination. The 246 Dino's not too shabby, either.

Gotta love that the NSX is considered Number 1, though!

Saleen: The GT-R is/was a straight 6.

HUH?!! Since when is the current GT-R a straight 6?

nissan_gt-r_official1_066.jpg

Saleen: The GT-R is/was a straight 6.

I meant the GTR that made it onto the list of 25 cars. I also hear you guys on the mclaren. That car just seems to be in a totally different class.

Last edited:
The NSX is getting lots of attention lately, what's going on?

edmunds just bought a nice 91 so maybe they want to pat themselves on the back .....But the nsx was astonishing in 91 and is now arguably one of the safest used sportscar buys on earth.

Way back in 1991 I use to wonder what's this new gimic called VTEC. To think now almost all manufacturers have implemented similar technology is simply amazing.

I think Honda's contribution to the industry speaks more than even the first Quattro from Audi.

That list (and comment section) was an interesting read.

I think that I was in the minority being excited when Jaguar announced that their upcoming XJ220 supercar would actually not be V12-powered but instead have a turbocharged V-6.....based on how many folks on the pre-order list sued to get out of ther contracts at least ;-P

It's nice to see the NSX get such respect :cool:
Brian

I'm surprised the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 didn't make the list next to the 300ZTT. Lots of good cutting edge technology and power in those cars. I remember drooling at the dealerships over those. They still look sharp today.

But then again, in the 90's, anything close to 300hp factory was ridiculous.

Can NSXPRIMERS make an "Edmunds NSX FUND" and we "present them with a PRIDE EXHAUST, a set of proper TEIN Coilovers, Headers and 02+ wheels and tires" ? . if we give $10 each we can collect, contact the vendors and make that 91 REALLY SHINE!

If they like now,they would f**g LOVE after those mods.

oscar

Can NSXPRIMERS make an "Edmunds NSX FUND" and we "present them with a PRIDE EXHAUST, a set of proper TEIN Coilovers, Headers and 02+ wheels and tires" ? . if we give $10 each we can collect, contact the vendors and make that 91 REALLY SHINE!

oscar
Oh Christ! :biggrin:

Can you at least pick better mods pls! lol

Oh Christ! :biggrin:

Can you at least pick better mods pls! lol

I don't understand, this 4 items below take the great NSX to a much higher level of performance.

• Pride Exhaust = @ 1.2K is nothing wrong with it, sounds AMAZING

• TEIN Mono Flex = @ 1.9K is infinitely better than the stock suspension, also adjustable

• SOS Headers @ 1.6K = Absolutely nothing wrong with them, and make your Na breath!

• 02+ Wheels = $ varies but, they are BBS, Forged, 17 all around (255 on the back)

OK OK, I know, you were joking right?

Oscar

Last edited:

oscar

Oscar: Take up the collection and give it to me! I will do the mods in a heartbeat :smile:.

I wonder how long before they dump the crappy OEM wheels on that 91.

I don't think they are into bling. They are looking for originality first, performance second. Those "crappy" wheels are lightweight and strong. Why change them?

They are not going to mod the car guys.

Back