ECU, how many engine mods before stand alone/chip?

Just wondering how many mods the 3.0 can take before the ECU leans out, and what kind of stand alone works well with the 3.0 NSX?

Oh and one more question.

How much power can I expect from that engine after all the bolt-ons are added. And, what are all the bolt-ons besides the obvious like intake and exhaust?

I'm falling more and more in love with this car, and just decided to go with a coupe, and not the T. I love the earlier models with the black roof and colored body.

I saw a black NSX with just some rims on it and nearly caused an accident because my head just wouldn't turn away.

Srce said:
Just wondering how many mods the 3.0 can take before the ECU leans out, and what kind of stand alone works well with the 3.0 NSX?

Oh and one more question.

How much power can I expect from that engine after all the bolt-ons are added. And, what are all the bolt-ons besides the obvious like intake and exhaust?

I'm falling more and more in love with this car, and just decided to go with a coupe, and not the T. I love the earlier models with the black roof and colored body.

I saw a black NSX with just some rims on it and nearly caused an accident because my head just wouldn't turn away.

I don't think a standlone/chip is required for bolt on modifications. You increase airflow the sensors will read it and add fuel appropriately. Of course well tuned chips/standalones can only help, but they are certainly not required.

Re: Re: ECU, how many engine mods before stand alone/chip?

satan_srv said:
I don't think a standlone/chip is required for bolt on modifications. You increase airflow the sensors will read it and add fuel appropriately. Of course well tuned chips/standalones can only help, but they are certainly not required.

Huh, the car corrects the A/F ratio on its own? No retuning required?

Whoa, that's seriously cool. I'm into RX-7's and we have a rule that when you add 3 bolt ons, your fourth should be an ECU or chip since the factory unit will lean out and detonate from the increased airflow.

Back