Ebay scam? Or a desperate seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...5339&item=2475088141&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT

This is an email I recieved from the "seller". I attempted calling a dozen or so times, I have sent numerous emails and this is what after some time, I recieved.

I passed on the car, because after not hearing from him I purchased something else not so refined.

If it isnt BS, this is potentially a great deal. If it is BS then shame on him.

his email is as follows:
Hi,
First of all I am very very sorry for my late answer but I had some family problems and I had to leave the USA.
I see that you are interested in my 1998 Acura NSX T Coupe .My FINAL price for this item is (Buy it now price)
$14,000.00.
The car has never been damaged in any way. The shape is outstanding and most important I have a clear title.About it,I
have to tell you that it's absolutely perfect ,never had any accidents and never been repaired.It is a wonderfull car.It is
a pleasure to drive it.NO scratches! The car is priced to be sold fast!

I sent it to a buyer but he did not honour his bid so I had to resell it. The item is located in Alaska at DHL !
If you are Ok with my price I will just call DHL and shipp it to your address.
I am willing to cover the shipping !!!
At this time I am in Greece , Athens with my father who had a car accident and he is now in hospital in a critical
situation.This is the reason that I will be able to accept only money orders as payment. I prefer Money Gram cause it is the
fastest way to transfer funds around the world.

For my safety and to know that you are seriously interested in my car,I want some kind of insurance, I think 20% of the
total price ($2800) will give me perfect comfort in dealing this matter and chosing YOU as my buyer.As soon as I receive the funds representing 20% I will have DHL deliver the car.
I hope you understand my situation here... I have a Positive feedback: 100% on eBay.
If you are Ok with my conditions please mail me at : [email protected] and I will mail you my payment address.
PS: I will not be able to accept PayPal, COD , Escrow or any other forms of payment. I accept only Money Gram as I realy
need the cash. If all of this security is not enaugh please mail and I will contact eBay myself and they will assure you
that I am a 100% serious seller even using Money Order such as Money Gram.

If this is OK with you please mail me so we can procede with the auction.
Best Regards from Greece and I hope you will understand my situation here.
Fell free to contact me on my cell phone at any time!!!
DR. Ralph Pierce
2, Ceremotes str.154251 Vea Lendeli
Athens
Greece
Cell Phone: +306947952191

I also think he means the currency to be in pounds.

Proceed @ your own risk.

Come on now! :eek:

First of all this exact e-bay scam was already discussed in another thread. And do you really believe that someone is selling an NSX-T for $14,000.

I don't mean to be cruel but it is a little disconcerting that you would even believe that this could be a legit deal. There have been many similar scams as outlined in numerous other threads.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it's not.

Forgive my lack of reading every thread

Better safe than sorry, sorry for the repost.

No problem, this probably is not a repost but a new scam based upon the usual scenario. If you are really looking to pick up an NSX through Ebay, do a search and check out all the other threads so that you will learn the patterns of fraud and this will help you identify the scams a little easier.

Good luck with your search.

Back