Ebay Picture Swap

I noticed this new ebay ad with a picture from another nsx being sold on the autotrader by a car dealer. Just wanted to see if there was anything with this. Check it out. Same pic but different car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408024238&category=5337

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=118702679&dealer_id=92153&car_year=1991&make=ACURA&distance=any&max_price=35000&model=NSX&end_year=1992&advcd_on=n&min_price =32000&address=85718&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1991&color=

humm they are both dealers.. the one on ebay got quite a few good feedbacks... and the autotrader one is a porsche dealer?

Just an update. I took a look at the ad again and two pictures were deleted. I also sent an e-mail to the seller and will post anything i learn. Anyway, i might be considering the car if it turns out to be a legit car. One question is I noticed by the remaining pics that the engine cover is looks like it is missing. Any insight???

Originally posted by nik3sgte:
One question is I noticed by the remaining pics that the engine cover is looks like it is missing. Any insight???

Some owners remove their engine cover.

Maybe you can buy a used one from someone who has removed it.

Reply I received: Your good, Sorry I put a pic of my friend's 95 in there by accident. I wish I had a targa top. Car is beautiful only selling due to M3 purchase

The only thing that seems a little suspicous is that the car he accidently added is in Springfield, IL and he's in Connecticut. In one of his other recent auctions he said he bought a 2002 330ci.

Good, not great eBay feedback. Be sure to get the car checked out by a mechanic who know the NSX. I'm sure a forum member can point you to a good shop.

Peculiar that he says its his friends "95" and that its "targa", because it is neither. Its a 91 with the top painted.

there's nothing wrong with using the same pics if the NSXs do indeed share the same color combos. When I bought my car, I noticed another dealership using the same pics. They may know each other and were willing to share pics.

Using pics without permission for an NSX that does not exist or has serious problems is punishable by the death penalty in my book.....
smile.gif

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by tpearsall:
The only thing that seems a little suspicous is that the car he accidently added is in Springfield, IL and he's in Connecticut.

There are two different cars for sale by different sellers. The '92 is being auctioned on eBay by a seller in Connecticut. The '91 is being sold on Autotrader by a dealer in our state capital.

Originally posted by nik3sgte:
Peculiar that he says its his friends "95" and that its "targa", because it is neither. Its a 91 with the top painted.

No, it's not peculiar at all. Re-read his reply. He said, "Sorry I put a pic of my friend's 95 in there by accident. I wish I had a targa top." In other words, he is saying that he used a picture of a '95 by accident, and that the car being sold does NOT have a targa (sic) top.

Originally posted by nsxparts.com:
Agreed, this is shaky at best. Be careful.

There's nothing shaky about it at all. Again, Isringhausen is considered a respectable dealer with a good reputation. You guys are WAY too quick to criticize without even bothering to read what's posted.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 March 2003).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
There's nothing shaky about it at all. Again, Isringhausen is considered a respectable dealer with a good reputation. You guys are WAY too quick to criticize without even bothering to read what's posted.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 March 2003).]

Ditto...it's one thing to protect potential NSX buyers from a bad dealer and another to criticize due to several previous posts about NSX scams.

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Please be clear about my intent. I think it's great that people here are looking out for each other, and alerting us to NSX scams - of which there have been too many lately. The members of this board provide a great service in that regard. Let's just be careful about getting our facts right and not go overboard in the opposite direction either. That's all I'm saying.

I appreciate the info guys, seeing i started this thread. I was only cautious because i am interested in this car and felt i should query my concerns seeing that it included an exact picture of another nsx i am possibly looking at purchasing. I will be in contact by phone to the seller tomarrow and plan to find out more (about the cars condition). I was just concerned because the 91 with the red top painted is a potential purchase that i have been following for about 4months with Isringhausen (they are good legit people) but i do not like the idea of having it been painted (although just the top) so when i saw the pic with the top painted on this other one i thought maybe i should pass on the 92 too. For timeline purposes the ebay is new while the autotrader ad is the older of the two and the one the pic was taken from. Blue Knight has a valid point but seeing i am a potential buyer and when a seller advertises their car i would hope the would show the real car, not someone elses with the same color. How disappointed would i have been if the real car had problems which i could not see because i was relying on pics the seller posted or sent of someone elses car.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was not questioning the dealer's car on autotrader, I was questioning the one by the individual on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408024238&category=5337

I do think his reply is peculiar.
"Sorry I put a pic of my friend's 95 in there by accident. I wish I had a targa top."
The picture with the red top is the EXACT picture from Isringhausen Autotrader ad of a '92 (coupe obviously). He took down the other pictures since then.

What makes be suspicous is that the seller accidentally posted pictures of his friends' car when I suspect he actually grabbed it from Isringhausen's ad.

Unless it is stated clearly I expect the pictures to be of the car for sale.

- Todd

I can't speak of the eBay seller or his reputation.

I didn't realize that the comment about the friend with the '95 was his. I thought it was from Isringhausen. Very confusing.

Originally posted by tpearsall:
The picture with the red top is the EXACT picture from Isringhausen Autotrader ad of a '92 (coupe obviously). He took down the other pictures since then.

What makes be suspicous is that the seller accidentally posted pictures of his friends' car when I suspect he actually grabbed it from Isringhausen's ad.

Unless it is stated clearly I expect the pictures to be of the car for sale.

Me too. I can understand maybe having a different car in the photo in the listing, in case people don't know what one looks like - okay, maybe not, maybe that's a stretch - but he ought to be able to provide photos of that particular car on request. If not, then pass.

Back