early 355 impressions

ALLAN

Suspended
Well after an 800 mile trip i have some impressions of the car to share. First off, it makes a great cruiser. Very comfortable, very easy to drive, suprisingly very little wind noise from the top at 100mph. Also, the engine is suprisingly flexible. 80mph in 6th gear, plant your foot in it, and it goes very well. Look down and your doing 130 just passing cars. The acceleration down low is not as good as the Lotus, but much better than my Nsx.Brakes are excellent. Steering is a little light for my taste. The gear change is not as notchy as my 348, but still not as precise as my Nsx was. The Diablo has much better steering and shift feel, acceleration is also not even close. At high speeds the Diablo is much more surefooted, although the 355 feels better than the Lotus and 348.
All in all, it seems to be a great car, and with some mods it should run very well. I will also keep this car for a while, so we'll see about reliability.

Wow, that must have been one *quick* trip! Hope you didn't get any speeding tickets.
biggrin.gif

I had heard the 355 is a much easier daily driver than previous Ferraris, and that it has no problems crusing at 130. Seems your post confirms that. Also heard about the steering--must be really light (especially compared to the non-power steering NSX)! I would expect the Diablo to out-accelerate it, given its 4 more cylinders.
wink.gif

BTW, I heard the 348 and F355 are pretty similar bodywise and can even exchange some body panels. Do you have any shots comparing the two? Are they the same size?

Thanks for the comparison! Give us an update as you spend more time with it!

P.S., I saw 3 Ferraris at the Pavilions tonight, and a jet-powered bike! There was MYNSX's yellow F355, a silver F360 spyder, and a red/blk F355 convertible that drove by. The place was extremely busy tonight, with people crawling around well after 9PM!

Hey Allan,

How did you get a yellow Ferrari? I thought they only came in one color.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 30 March 2003).]

Is this just a red only Ferrari club event?

Originally posted by Vytas:
Is this just a red only Ferrari club event?

Boy, if there is ever a Green with Black roof NSX meeting, I'd be pretty lonely. The search continues.....

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Back