• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

E bay engine cover

Saw this on E bay. Wonder if the fit/finish is any good. Just wondering for those looking for a mesh type cover?

d9_2.JPG

Link

Humm the center part of the lid concerns me because it looks rather high.
I know the engine hatch does not go all the way up but I would still worry about that part hitting.

I noticed these as well. There's actually two styles...the one you posted, and another one which seems to be simply more mesh. (no raised section in the middle).

They're made by the same company. Seems to be a decent price. If anyone grabs one, let us know how it is.

(Although I wonder if simply cutting the stock one and putting mesh in myself wouldn't be cheaper and better looking)

DrVolkl said:
(Although I wonder if simply cutting the stock one and putting mesh in myself wouldn't be cheaper and better looking)

Its already been done and he will also make yours a mesh style cover if you send him yours. It also doubles up as a nice BBQ grill when your engine is hot.

I would find the thread but I still have three other forums to visit.

Da Man...

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Its already been done and he will also make yours a mesh style cover if you send him yours. It also doubles up as a nice BBQ grill when your engine is hot.

I would find the thread but I still have three other forums to visit.

User name is Paul here on 'Prime. He resides in Houston and is a great guy who truly appreciates NSX's, as is evident by his own sebring silver! I believe you send him your engine cover & he then does his magic. You get your NSX-R ala' mesh engine cover back in due time... I am not sure of the costs, bests' to contact him directly!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35104&highlight=paul+engine+cover

Bailey, care-2-share which forums you meandering to. . . :wink:

A NSXprime member in NSXSAN has an identical engine cover he bought from japan. I think its a high quality cover and the NSX logo looks great.

I'm sure there are pics online of his engine bay.

Nico

SOS also offers a nice engine cover at a competitive price to this one. I kind of like it better with out the nsx logo because it looks more stock and for a lack of a better word. . . ricey

Don't know anything about the mesh cover, but Chris at SOS has some real nice ones and you can bet they are top notch! :biggrin:

*I have a lexan see-thru and I switch it out with the OEM in ten min. Dunno who makes it?

wMTA1MTc2MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I saw that same cover on Ebay and was wondering about the quality myself....would love to see some different pics of it.

thats the same as mine please see photo :smile:

mypic117.JPG

Talked to NSXsan regarding his satisfaction with this product and he feels that this is a fairly decent product. You will of course need to retain the outer rubber lip from your oem engine cover to put on this one. Also be aware that apparently, according to him, this cover does not come with any mounting for the engine cover stand so be prepared to improvise a way of mounting one yourself or if your happy using a piece a' wood, hey, to each his own. I think I'm gonna spend a couple xtra bucks and purchase one from our ole' reliable guys at SOS,...........Thank you NSXsan for the info,...

Back