Dusted My Buddies C32 Amg

I raced my buddies C32 a few days ago and beat him by a car. He's upset that i beat him and he wants to go to the track and get timeslips. Mind you he called me out, bet 200 on the race, and still owes me money............:cool:

I dusted a late model M3 last week, three times!!! The guy just wouldn't give up!! We reached 100 twice and he was three car length behind. He was pissed.

I was at a light and a SLP camaro pulled up next to me, kid looks over, his engine is doing the tada tada tada high profile cam idle, he has aftermarket gauges all over, etc.

I thought about it, took a look at the street and it was waaay too crowded for my tastes. Light turns green and I ease away, he takes off like a BOOH, and almost kills a wondering biker who decided to cross the street at a bad time. Missed him by inches. Next light the Z28 driver gives me a thumbs down...

Honestly, I could care less...

Omeys, what exactly is your car? the C32 is a quick car.

well my buddies is a 02 MB-C32 Stock. I have a 92 with DC full exhaust, air filter, SOS throttle body. I have the Cantrell studios side air vent on the way from sos with the filter. I also just had it serviced at Barrie Acura (10 G's Later). I had him off the line, but he started to pass me at 200km/h. Other then that...thats about it......he's still pisssed about it.

Nice job on your run! I recall the C32 runs high/low 13's and the NSX should run mid/low 13 with your mods. The C32 losing should not be a surprise unless he did the pully mods. A C55 would be a better drag race.

omeys_berlina said:
well my buddies is a 02 MB-C32 Stock. I have a 92 with DC full exhaust, air filter, SOS throttle body. I have the Cantrell studios side air vent on the way from sos with the filter. I also just had it serviced at Barrie Acura (10 G's Later). I had him off the line, but he started to pass me at 200km/h. Other then that...thats about it......he's still pisssed about it.

he passed you then?

Hm a NA1 with some air flow mods 'killed' a 349hp car that isn't much heavier? Interesting, you must be a very experienced driver.

A stock NA1 goes from 0-100km/h in somewhat optimistic 5,7? A stock C32 in 5,2. Your exhaust system and headers must be a pretty amazing gain of power. Wow.

Power to weight:

C32 3605 / 349 = 10.33
NSX w/mods 3066 / 300 = 10.22

This looks like a pretty close power to weight to me, and based on his mods I think there is a good chance he is making 300HP at the crank. They should be pretty close, the rest comes down to gearing and aerodynamics.

Klayton said:
Hm a NA1 with some air flow mods 'killed' a 349hp car that isn't much heavier? Interesting, you must be a very experienced driver.

A stock NA1 goes from 0-100km/h in somewhat optimistic 5,7? A stock C32 in 5,2. Your exhaust system and headers must be a pretty amazing gain of power. Wow.

Scin said:
Power to weight:

C32 3605 / 349 = 10.33

This looks like a pretty close power to weight to me, and based on his mods I think there is a good chance he is making 300HP at the crank. They should be pretty close, the rest comes down to gearing and aerodynamics.

and the driver. Shifting too soon, over revving, hestitation. All could make a huge difference if they are close to being equal.

I don't think you can make any shifting mistake in an auto merc. That's why I wrote he must be very experienced driver to be faster in a potential slower car on the straight line.

ANYTIME said:
You can manually shift, over rev and hesitate on an auto. Even a split second would make a big difference.

I agree. It is best to take it to the track and see time slips on the 1/4 mile. One second head start is about 7 car lengths on a low 14's high 13's car.

Scin said:
Power to weight:

C32 3605 / 349 = 10.33

also, remember drive train loss... more power to the ground...

TURBO2GO said:
I thought about it, took a look at the street and it was waaay too crowded for my tastes. Light turns green and I ease away, he takes off like a BOOH, and almost kills a wondering biker who decided to cross the street at a bad time. Missed him by inches. Next light the Z28 driver gives me a thumbs down...

Honestly, I could care less...

I personally find it much more entertaining to give the impression that I am going to race and then accelerate like a grandmother as the other driver floors it. :smile:

the other thought is that most magazines when they test an automatic car, they "brake-torque" to launch the car (wait, maybe it's called something else, sorry, totally forgot) Anyway, it's to hold the brake in the left foot and bring the engine to the right rpm to launch the car. In that case, a typical automatic driver will have a slower acceleration due to many reasons: ie: experience, tire grip, not knowing the "right" moment or right rpm to launch...etc.

tire pressure and condition and Traction control (or lack of) could be reason for the C32 driver to lose.

Back