Driving video

I've just finished making a video camera mount, and took it out for a test. I thought I'd share the video I took of a favourite local road I get to drive on. It's not a 'kill' video, or showing how stupid I can be on a road, I stick to the speed limit.

I hope some of you have or could make a similar vid of your local favourite roads, just to compare where our NSXs get to drive.

For those of you not living in England, the speed limit on these roads is 60mph, and I am driving on the correct side of the road!

And the strange noises in the car are some spanners (wrenches) that were in the car.

Click here The file is 20Mb.

For Neo, playing this full screen, allows you to imagine what it would be like to have a NSX of your own!:)

Hi

Downloading as I write this.. :)

Could you post pictures of your camera mount?

I will soon get my "old" Jvc Grdvp3 back from service and would like to make some videos this summer too. Would like some ideas on how to mount it in the NSX.

I will however drive on the correct side of the road :p :p ;)

Regards

Sure. It's not as simple as just a mount though. I've added two threaded bosses to my harness bar (which is also custom made). Then made an aluminium platform for the camera to sit on. The camera sits at a nice height, almost head height. The mount does adjust so it will point at the dials if I wanted it to. I'll be using it at the track next weekend for the first time.

Attachments

• 111-1175_img.jpg
    111-1175_img.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 461
Hi

Thanks for the picture. I will go for something simpler than that.

The camera I have is also a lot smaller than that so it would not need a "huge platform" like that.

I will look into this when I have finished my Compaq Ipaq GPS mount this weekend.

Regards

Hey! My camera was the smallest 3CCD camera you could get at the time! The problems of being an 'early adopter' of new technology. I've seen some cameras turn and come loose on smaller 'ball and socket' type mounts. That thing is going nowhere!

Man I would be "ok" with the sitting on the right side of a car and shifting with my left hand, but to drive on that side of the road, would mess up my head!

Does your camera have a remote? I have seen some people have a remote (wired) mounted right next to the seat, to make it easy to turn on/off.

j14nsx said:
I've just finished making a video camera mount, and took it out for a test. I thought I'd share the video I took of a favourite local road I get to drive on. It's not a 'kill' video, or showing how stupid I can be on a road, I stick to the speed limit.

I hope some of you have or could make a similar vid of your local favourite roads, just to compare where our NSXs get to drive.

For those of you not living in England, the speed limit on these roads is 60mph, and I am driving on the correct side of the road.

;) ;) ;) ;) And you're not exceeding the speed limit either or at least not by much!

Nice video however, what camera did you use?

j14nsx said:
And the strange noises in the car are some spanners (wrenches) that were in the car.

For Neo, playing this full screen, allows you to imagine what it would be like to have a NSX of your own!:)

THANX <B>j14nsx</B>, that was BEAUTIFUL!!! :D
And you were driving on the correct side of the road too. ;)
I really enjoyed watching that. thank you for posting!

mul1gan, the clanking are some spanners in the passenger footwell.

zzrman, the camera is a Panasonic DV110 3CCD camera. I got it about 4-5 years ago, cost a fortune compared to cameras today. Of course, I always stick to the speed limits. I used a lower gerar than I would normally, to get the right sound!

T bell, camera does have a infrared remote, but it's easy to reach up and hit the start/stop button. I use the red light on the front to know when it's running.

red_MM_nsx, some roads round here are nice, but there's always too much other traffic.

There maybe more footage later, I have a track day coming up next weekend.

Hi J14nsx,

Very nice video. Nice to see you are doing well.

Watching the video and just listening to the sound of the engine makes me realize just how much I miss my car :( :( :( :(

Please keep it in one piece. Like to see you, your girlfriend AND the car back at Spa this year.

Back