driving schools (local)

Guys I am in MA, I was going to do the 2 day Skip barber HP driving school but the price has gone up to $2900 now and there is nothing left for this year in the new england area.

Do you know of any good schools in the New England area that you can recommend?

Join the BMWCCA ($40 I think?) and then sign up for any of their DS events next spring/summer. They generally start up in April at all the tracks within a reasonable drive anywhere in New England, e.g. NHIS, Limerock Park, Watkins Glen, etc. The 1 or 2 day events are well run, good instructors, and a lot cheaper than Skip Barber.... however, you will use you're own car, unlike Skip Barber.

-Wick

Great! thanks! I prefer to use my own car anyway!

When you join BMW CCA, they will assign you to a default chapter based on your location. You also have the option of purchasing a dual chapter membership (or, I think, switching your membership to another chapter). As long as you're a member of BMW CCA, you can participate in any chapter's track events, usually (but not always) without purchasing a dual membership if you're not already in that chapter.

There is also TrackMasters. They run an terrific driver's school at Watkins Glen. Excellant classroom instruction and top notch intructors. I'm a very satisfied customer.

thedon67 said:
There is also TrackMasters. They run an terrific driver's school at Watkins Glen. Excellant classroom instruction and top notch intructors. I'm a very satisfied customer.

I am posting from the West coast: smile: TrackMaster is a great organization and you have one of their top instructors in NY: Peter Mills, he is on prime....he also is an instructor for Ferrari and many other fine autos

with their event, you will get one on one instruction and chances are good he will have NSX. better on cost, you just pay the event fee and go...here in west coast...depending on what track, it can run from $100 - $350 per event. and to join, its free.

take care
Lito

litoG said:
I am posting from the West coast: smile: TrackMaster is a great organization and you have one of their top instructors in NY: Peter Mills, he is on prime....he also is an instructor for Ferrari and many other fine autos

with their event, you will get one on one instruction and chances are good he will have NSX. better on cost, you just pay the event fee and go...here in west coast...depending on what track, it can run from $100 - $350 per event. and to join, its free.

take care
Lito

this is what i'm looking for, thank you very much for your info. :biggrin:

Back