• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition 2009 Race season.

Re: Changing of the guard in SP?

Good luck on running down that Emmett. That old fart's owned SP for over 10 years, so it's time that you, young whipper-snapper that you are, own him. I'm sure you can force a mistake if not an outright pass. :cool: You should keep your orange placard on just to rub it in !!:tongue:
you going to be @ Thill next month? Kip
The SCCA Memorial Day double? No, gonna skip that one because we've got a Formula Mazda Challenge double with NASA the following weekend.

But hey, I'm gonna come out to one of your races just to twitter your groupies and write a race report. You got a team hat for me? What is the team name anyway?

:biggrin:
Good luck on running down that Emmett. That old fart's owned SP for over 10 years, so it's time that you, young whipper-snapper that you are, own him. I'm sure you can force a mistake if not an outright pass. :cool: You should keep your orange placard on just to rub it in !!:tongue:

The SCCA Memorial Day double? No, gonna skip that one because we've got a Formula Mazda Challenge double with NASA the following weekend.

But hey, I'm gonna come out to one of your races just to twitter your groupies and write a race report. You got a team hat for me? What is the team name anyway?

Well, as far as Frank goes, I have my work cut out for me but whats new! People keep telling me I'M NOT GONNA BEAT FRANK.That just fuels the internal fire!!! Frank has a whole bunch of car and drives well. I followed him VERY closely for all of about six laps. Or until my staggeringly large 225 tires decided they were a bit hot. I kinda like a challenge so for me it's not a matter of if, but when. All good thing comes to an end and I know my little red honda might be the one to do it?:biggrin::wink:

You should come out and write a race report. You write much better than I. I never did well in school cuz I just wanted to play in the dirt. Never seemed to get over the dirt thing. :confused: Shad may have a team hat and I know he has some shirts. You should come up with a name.:rolleyes:

Take care, Kip

:biggrin:

Well, as far as Frank goes, I have my work cut out for me but whats new! People keep telling me I'M NOT GONNA BEAT FRANK.That just fuels the internal fire!!! Frank has a whole bunch of car and drives well. I followed him VERY closely for all of about six laps. Or until my staggeringly large 225 tires decided they were a bit hot. I kinda like a challenge so for me it's not a matter of if, but when. All good thing comes to an end and I know my little red honda might be the one to do it?:biggrin::wink:

You should come out and write a race report. You write much better than I. I never did well in school cuz I just wanted to play in the dirt. Never seemed to get over the dirt thing. :confused: Shad may have a team hat and I know he has some shirts. You should come up with a name.:rolleyes:

Take care, Kip

You needed 38.209 seconds to Beat Frank...
Sounds like a lot but considering you both ran a 20 Lap race that is only 1.91 seconds a Lap.

Call it 2 seconds flat. Doesn't seem absurd at all.
I think you will pull it off. I know you!

Another great finish Kip! I'm your number #1 groupie fan!!!!! The season's still young, but it looks like you've got ITE all wrapped up, and SP will follow into your lap as you continue to break Emmett down with your force:smile: This is your year...

Last edited:
Re: Let's all help Kip 'kill' Frank

Don, maybe all he needs is a trainer to pull him off that D-9 and into the gym. That and some real tongue lashing on the radio. Works for my buddy Stew in FM as he gets an ear full from his wife lap after lap. :biggrin:

Sounds like a lot but considering you both ran a 20 Lap race that is only 1.91 seconds a Lap.

Yes he will. But the gap is not 2 seconds per lap. If you compare best lap time: 1:29.663 vs. 1:30.110.

Kip is about half a second off. And after some 6 laps, he lost the efficiency of his tires ..... the handicap for Kip now is the tire situation. He is running the same 225/275 that we run on yet he has about 200+ rwhp more than we do!

It sure would be nice to win; but for championship, its a numbers game. And whose car is ultimately more consistent finisher and reliable. The NSX may have an edge at the finish line.

Last edited:

It sure would be nice to win; but for championship, its a numbers game. And whose car is ultimately more consistent finisher and reliable. The NSX may have an edge at the finish line.

I think it would be nice if Kip were to win a race. Championship is a tall order
Frank has 2 win's already.

Frank was having a good day though.
New Track Record (1:29.663) for SP by FRANK EMMETT.

I still won't bet against kip!

Hmmm...so if I go wider, say 245s up front and another 200hp, then I can start blowing the doors off of people? Excuse me, I need to call Shad right now...

Hmmm...so if I go wider, say 245s up front and another 200hp, then I can start blowing the doors off of people? Excuse me, I need to call Shad right now...

Go for it...
I hope you are hungry. You are about to serve yourself up a healthy portion of Humble Pie.

Kip can drive.

I suspect if Kip drove Franks car, he could turn a similar if not a faster lap time.

Last edited:
Go for it...
I hope you are hungry. You are about to serve yourself up a healthy portion of Humble Pie.

Kip can drive.

I suspect if Kip drove Franks car, he could turn a similar if not a faster lap time.

Yes indeed, and that's why I think he's got a legit shot at the championship. Now I'm fired up to go watch them race.

Ok, part of the reason you are seeing 38 seconds and how I knew my tires were being pushed is due to a spin in the corkscrew.:eek: I lost around 10 seconds in lap 11 so realistically I am around 1.4 seconds average per lap behind Frank. Challanging but attainable.:biggrin: Time will tell? Thanks for the support guys, Kip

Update,
Sorry for the slow response. As most of you know Kip finished 2nd to Frank Emmet in the vette in SP (but we are getting closer). In ITE Kip finished 1st and lapped most of the other cars. James in the newly Supercharged S2K had a great race with Mikki in the Mustang but a late race yellow would not give him a chance to get around her. Here are some pictures, My daughter (Kate) being held by Kip's wife (Jodi) I think had the most fun of anyone there. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• DSC02077small.jpg
    DSC02077small.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02078small.jpg
    DSC02078small.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC02101small.jpg
    DSC02101small.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC02104small.jpg
    DSC02104small.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02105small.jpg
    DSC02105small.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC02113small.jpg
    DSC02113small.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC02117small.jpg
    DSC02117small.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02261small.jpg
    DSC02261small.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC02278small.jpg
    DSC02278small.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 116
PreRace Update,
This weekend @ Thunderhill is the next SCCA regional and it is a double header (race twice in each class). We have made some aero changes in an effort to close the gap to the very fast Vette in SP. We are also running an on board camera for the first time and will hopefully post some in car videos. I will try to update after qualifying tomorrow. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• DSC02570.jpg
    DSC02570.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02571.jpg
    DSC02571.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC02573.jpg
    DSC02573.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02575.jpg
    DSC02575.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC02576.jpg
    DSC02576.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02574.jpg
    DSC02574.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC02577.jpg
    DSC02577.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 136
Update,
Kip is on pole for the Saturday ITE race and lowered the ITE track record by over 5 seconds to a 1:51.973. Rylan is back in the Driving Ambition tuned S2K and is qualified 3rd. Kip is also on the pole for the Saturday SP race, but hopefully the two very fast Vettes will show up for the race. Cheers, Shad

PS. Ted I hope you can make it out and give a real race report....................

Shad ..love the shop,a clean workplace says so much about the owner:wink:

Hi Guys,
Update from day two. We almost had a perfect day. Kip won the SP (His first for the year) race and he qualified on pole for both of tomorrows races. But we where late to the grid for the ITE race this morning because it was right after the SP race (we had to change tires and add fuel). So he had to start last, he worked his way up to 2nd by lap 3 and was catching 1st when the axle broke. Cheers, Shad

Kip won the SP race for the second time (in a landslide). ITE was a real nail biter until the very end. I'll let Shad report the full race details....

Pre-grid SP Race Thunderhill 5-23-09:

100_04201.JPG

SP class lineup:

100_0427.JPG

Kip's on the pole and later gets the checkered flag (SP race)!

100_0431.JPG

ITE class lineup (second race of the day):

100_0453.JPG

Kip fighting off #45 Mustang (750hp) for the whole ITE race until the final 5 minute mark when his clutch malfunctions:

100_0468.JPG

Last edited:
Back