Driveshafts

J have seriously movement(upp and down) in the right hand driveshaft and a little in the left so i am planning to replacing them on my 92 mod.
On ebay threre are both jused and new ones for sale.I see that there are new sets of shafts(insane shfts) for the same price as 1 used shaft and they seme to be better(upgradet) too!!!
Why is this? Are they a good buy?
Thanks for any answers.

J have seriously movement(upp and down) in the right hand driveshaft and a little in the left so i am planning to replacing them on my 92 mod.
On ebay threre are both jused and new ones for sale.I see that there are new sets of shafts(insane shfts) for the same price as 1 used shaft and they seme to be better(upgradet) too!!!
Why is this? Are they a good buy?
Thanks for any answers.

I'm picking up my car tonight with the InsaneShafts installed, will let you know. A few people have them already like "Solidol".

***Update***
update: Had some work done, including having my HKS Hipermax coilovers rebuilt by Feal Suspension & re installing the new set of InsaneShafts (replacement for the defective set) & the car is AMAZING.

Last edited:
I bought a set of shafts from Insaneshafts about three months ago. After a few weeks I started hearing a popping noise. I called Mike at Insaneshafts and he advanced shipped a replacement set which have now been in about 3 weeks with no complaints.

So, the bad news about Insaneshafts is they sent me a set of new driveshafts with at least one being faulty in some way.

The good news about Insaneshafts is Mike always answered the phone, seemed very concerned with my issue, and sent a replacement set just as he promised. That, and they are inexpensive.

I'm happy for now, but I'm keeping a close ear out for any new unexpected noises.

So far I'm loving the feel with the new driveshafts. The car drives so much more smoothly when accelerating, especially out of corner & even on the highway.

Are there any issues with having an insane shaft on the right side and retaining the OEM shaft on the left side? I am completely stock, so I am not worried about breaking the OEM shaft. The insane shaft is just a way cheaper alternative to an OEM replacement. I am only thinking about replacing the axle because the dealer can't get the boot to stop leaking.

Back