Driver door will not open

I regularly spray inside that area with white lithium grease. I hope to God I never have to through this part failing. Sorry you had to!

Hugh--where do you spray the lube into? Do you need to remove the entire panel to get at the mechanism? This sounds like good preventive maintenance.

If I am understanding that this lube is to prevent this from happening I don't think so. The part that failed is sealed inside the plastic part of the latch assembly. All of the parts that are able to be lubed worked correctly.

I use the little red straw and get the lube into whatever nook and cranny I see. If the part that fails is indeed sealed inside the mechanism then I can only hope it doesn't fail. However regularly lubing latches and hinges is good preventative maintenance anyway.

Well I finally gat my car back together sunday. I had some collateral damage that I will need to repair. When the I broke the door panel loose it punched 2 small holes in the black leather panel at the rocker panel. It also seems that I am getting a little more wind noise around the window than I used to.
I also tossed out the rubber gasket that seals the Ac. vent from the door to the dash. It was on the old broken panel and I did not know that it was not on the new panel.
Does anyone know where I could pick up one of these gaskets the dealer wants $75.00. I will also post in parts wanted.

Back