Drive without the small rear window ??

i'm wondering if that's possible ? or will give that a lot of problems ? sound from the engine ? Smel off the engine ? Water inside the car ? Cats sleeping in the seats or somehing ?? Somebody try to drive without that small window ??

Probably all of the things you mentioned plus carbon monoxide poisoning.:eek:

excuse my ignorance... but why would do such a thing??????????

Well it'd also make the cab hotter. Smells could work their way through. If a coolant line breaks, it could potentially some how get past the cover and spray all over the interior and you with scalding hot coolant. If the engine catches fire, the fumes may kill you and if you don't notice a smell and if the fire gets through, you could potentially catch on fire in your cab. Or if there is a fire, and is relatively minor, it may be major by spreading into the cab where there are lots more to burn.

Last edited:
/end thread. LOL!

Well it'd also make the cab hotter. Smells could work their way through. If a coolant line breaks, it could potentially some how get past the cover and spray all over the interior and you with scalding hot coolant. If the engine catches fire, the fumes make kill you and if you don't notice a smell and if the fire gets through, you could potentially catch on fire in your cab. Or if there is a fire, and is relatively minor, it may be major by spreading into the cab where there are lots more to burn.

i'm wondering if that's possible ? or will give that a lot of problems ? sound from the engine ? Smel off the engine ? Water inside the car ? Cats sleeping in the seats or somehing ?? Somebody try to drive without that small window ??

Yes, the cats would be my prime concern. :wink:

Seriously though, heat, stink, CO poisoning, noise, et al. Just don't do it.

know some guy with a F50 only for circuit , and he has no protection between engine and driver and passenger , very small dashboard , no doorpannels , ....
900 hp , and we drive more then 80 miles on a highway , and only my ears where's damaged from the engine , but no smoke inside the car , and heat just a littlebit... :p

then you need to show us some pictures of this f50!...

for an every-day concern, i would think heat and sound would be the main factors against removing the window.

if you are racing on the track, there is a good chance you'll be wearing a headsock and a helmet, possibly also a fireproof suit. also, fires do not start out of nowhere...

i cannot imagine the window would weight very much (although the type-s and type-r did have a single pane i believe).

now pictures of the f50!!!
aren't they mostly 'topless'?

Thought it was an april fools joke until i saw the topic started on the 31st. :confused:

i'm wondering if that's possible ?

It is possible. Stupid, but completely within the realm of nsxprime forum possibility none-the-less.

or will give that a lot of problems ? sound from the engine ? Smel off the engine ? Water inside the car ? Cats sleeping in the seats or somehing ??

As others have indicated, their is a safety requirement, and you need the rear bulkhead to be completely sealed in the event of fire. What would you think about popping a high pressure fuel line and spraying gasoline all over the back of your head and the hot exhaust manifold? Smoke pouring into the cabin? Maybe not such a great idea.

Somebody try to drive without that small window ??

After I had the welding done on my first roll cage installed I drove the short distance back from the shop until I could get it home and get the rear bulk-head sealed-up.

Pretty much I had my head out the window the entire time.

The noise at 2100 RPM was deafening. The only redeeming value is it makes it easy to spot exhaust leaks as you become the sniffer. Probably should have picked up the trailer that day. :biggrin:

know some guy with a F50 only for circuit , and he has no protection between engine and driver and passenger , very small dashboard , no doorpannels , ....
900 hp , and we drive more then 80 miles on a highway , and only my ears where's damaged from the engine , but no smoke inside the car , and heat just a littlebit... :p

I don't know if it is an FXX or what he did. One of the guys I track with has an F50. The rear bulk-head is adequately sealed. Here is a shot I took from the last time he brought it out to the race track.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0364.jpg
    DSCN0364.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 351
My question was just because my glass was broken , when they pull out my engine , somebody broke the window.

I have allready a new glass , but i wanne paint the car first before i put the glass back.

I think i better put it back . :biggrin:

Yes, the cats would be my prime concern. :wink:

I haven't laughed so hard in months, thanks! :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I wouldn't do it. How unlikely the engine fire and what not, just think of the smell and fumes. Then imagine trying to get that smell removed.

Back