Drive on Sat. Dec. 31

Chad and I are doing an End of Year drive on Sat. Dec. 31. Come out and play, the weather is nice but the surf is flat.

Route: Meet at Vons parking lot off I-15 Scripps Parkway exit @11am.
1. Highland valley to warm up your tires.
2. Thru Ramona -> Old Julian ->Mesa Grande ->Palomar Mt. -> Pala 76 ->I-15
Pit stop at Dudley if you want or...

1. Tim
2. Chad

Thats sounds like a fun drive. If i wasnt partying sat into sun lol id be there

Hi Super - What better way to kick-off that party than to drift a few twisties prior to the libations? Definitely understand though - party safe and see you in 2012. If the timing of your partying shifts slightly, come on out and join us.

I would love to make this drive but there are two things holding me back;

1. I have to work New Year's Eve
  2. I don't have my steering rack back yet
Other than that, I'd be there.:rolleyes:

Give me a time to meet you at Highland Pkwy. Will you have club radio?

alan 760-717-5800

Give me a time to meet you at Highland Pkwy. Will you have club radio?

alan 760-717-5800

we can meet you 11:20am at the entrance of Highland valley. I think I am the only one has a club radio but we were expecting a small group knowing its at the end of the yr and people are busy. I can pull this off as wife is out of town.

bring your radio.

I might make this. Will let you know Tim

Not looking good for me.:frown: Have fun and be safe up on Palomar.

I have a supercharged Miata and also belong to the San Diego Miata Club. This is a route that we do ALL THE TIME. Don't worry you will NOT get lost. Piece of cake. See ya tomorrow ( and I have an extra radio if someone needs to borrow one ) alan

So, it looks like 3 confirmed -

1. Tim
2. Chad
3. Alan

Tim, what side of the Parking lot do you want to meet at? Silly question, I know, but its a fairly large strip mall. Jack in the Box Side or Sammy's Woodfired Pizza side (east or west) - or directly in front of Vons. Sorry for being so anal on the link-up spot. LOL.

Chad

So, it looks like 3 confirmed -

1. Tim
2. Chad
3. Alan

Tim, what side of the Parking lot do you want to meet at? Silly question, I know, but its a fairly large strip mall. Jack in the Box Side or Sammy's Woodfired Pizza side (east or west) - or directly in front of Vons. Sorry for being so anal on the link-up spot. LOL.

Chad

Wow! 3 people more than i expect this time of the year:eek:
just across the Mobile station where we can gas up.
my is white with black top.

Jill and I met Tim, Kevin and Chad at Highland Valley Rd today at 11:20 am as planned. The weather was PERFECT ( low 70's ) with blue sky and dry twisty roads. The next 5 hours was nothing short of driving bliss with very little traffic and absolutely no mishaps.....a perfect end to one driving year and the beginning of another. Tomorrow I get to take my Miata out with the San Diego Miata Club and have another great day on our southern California roads. Thanks to everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!

Great fun today fella's! Good times. Can't wait to get an even bigger group out there for some fun. Alan, thanks for the use of the radio. Tim, thanks for organizing! Have a great NYE and may 2012 be even more prosperous for all than 2011.

To those who couldn't make it out - look forward to meeting you in 2012.

Back