• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drink of choice

Drink of Choice

• Beer

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Mixed Drink (Please clarify)

• Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch

• Tequila

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Wine

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other (Please clarify)

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters
More of a hot Sake guy...then again it is Rice Wine...so maybe I should have chose wine instead of other. :wink:

i've heard good things about Tobermory. After i polish off the Macallan 18, i'll have to get a hold of some Tobermory. Thanks.

The 15yr is exceptional. My only gripe is that it's just a little smoother (really a little lacking in peatiness) than I prefer in a Scotch. The 10yr just doesn't do it for me, the Talisker 10yr is far better.

There's a little Growler joint just outside my plantation that's been seeing almost all of my beer business lately. Just polished off a growler of the Stone IPA.

A quality dark beer if I'm out of the house, a good cab if I'm at home or eating a nice meal, and a good port if I just want something special. If I "need" to take shots, Tequila.

A quality dark beer if I'm out of the house, a good cab if I'm at home or eating a nice meal, and a good port if I just want something special. If I "need" to take shots, Tequila.

I'm with you on all the listed above except the port. I'm not a big fan of sweet/syrupy wine.

In the summer its a chilled Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand. During winter it is usually a Cab or Pinot Noir. Jay

Just finished a bottle of Glenmorangie Sonnalta PX a while back.

Exceptionally smooth...probably my new favorite.

In my experience 10 year single malts aren't worth buying...I could drink some similar blended Johnny for half the price.

I drink it, but I can't really get into wine....I've got a palate for vodka and scotch...but can't get my head around wines.

I don't have a drink of choice, I drink it all. And these damn hangovers are getting worse by the day. :eek:

My son works for Remy Cointreau USA in New York City. They import Macallan and the Famous Grouse scotches, Mount Gay rum and Louis XIII cognac, among many other ultra-fine adult beverages. These are all real good because I like any of it straight. My drink of choice though? .............. straight vodka from Russia. My favorite has to be Jewel of Russia or Nemiroff LEX from Ukraine which is filtered 11 times! :biggrin:

My son works for Remy Cointreau USA in New York City. They import Macallan and the Famous Grouse scotches, Mount Gay rum and Louis XIII cognac, among many other ultra-fine adult beverages. These are all real good because I like any of it straight. My drink of choice though? .............. straight vodka from Russia. My favorite has to be Jewel of Russia or Nemiroff LEX from Ukraine which is filtered 11 times! :biggrin:

The case, packaging and bottle are over the top on those Louis XIII's. :eek:

Have you tried Tito's vokda? Made in Texas....good stuff. Makes good martinis. :wink:

we have had lots of fun entertaining with a good proseco.Nothing fancy but boy the ladies love it.

Have you tried Tito's vokda? Made in Texas....good stuff. Makes good martinis. :wink:

Yeah, he can't get any Louis XIII for obvious reasons (cost), however, he does bring home some nice 1738 Accord Royal cognac.

I don't drink martinis or any mixed drinks anymore but I do have 2 bottles of Tito's in the freezer right now. That stuff is awesome and the best part .... it is easy to find. The supermarket near my house carries it all the time. They also carry Ultimat (Polish) another nice one. Of the easy vodkas to find, they are my favorites. I can't stand Grey Goose. Even the smell makes me sick.

Russian vodka is still the best in my opinion. You should give Jewel of Russia a try some night. :smile:

absinth-794477.jpg

Where can one acquire Absinthe? I thought it was illegal to import?

I was curious about that myself - from Wikipedia:

In 2007, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) effectively lifted the longstanding absinthe ban, and has since approved many brands for sale in the U.S. market. This was made possible partly through the TTB's clarification of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) thujone content regulations, which specify that finished food and beverages that contain Artemisia species must be thujone free.[91] In this context, the TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the thujone content is less than 10ppm (equal to 10 mg/kg).[92][93] This is verified through the use of Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry.[94]

The importation, distribution, and sale of absinthe is permitted with respect to the following restrictions:

The product must be thujone-free as per TTB guidelines,
The word "absinthe" can neither be the brand name nor stand alone on the label, and
The packaging cannot "project images of hallucinogenic, psychotropic or mind-altering effects."
Absinthe imported in violation of these regulations is subject to seizure at the discretion of U.S. Customs.[95][96]

Beginning in 2001, a product called Absente was sold legally in the United States under the marketing tagline "Absinthe Refined", but as the product was made with southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum) and not grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) (prior to 2009), the TTB classified it as a liqueur.

My son works for Remy Cointreau USA in New York City. They import Macallan and the Famous Grouse scotches, Mount Gay rum and Louis XIII cognac...

Price quote on Louis XIII and Mount Gay rum please :biggrin:

Price quote on Louis XIII and Mount Gay rum please :biggrin:

What are you trying to say? I am not allowed to sell the stuff, that would be illegal. For one thing, I don't even have Louis XIII. It lists for $6100 for the Grande 1.75L size which means it could be purchased for about $4500 in a store. One the other hand, the Louis XIII Black Pearl goes for a whopping $30,000 per bottle.

I do have, and do sip, the Mount Gay Extra Old rum @ $85. (free for me :biggrin:) That stuff is aged 17 years and is awesome with a Habana cigar!

What are you trying to say? I am not allowed to sell the stuff, that would be illegal. For one thing, I don't even have Louis XIII. It lists for $6100 for the Grande 1.75L size which means it could be purchased for about $4500 in a store. One the other hand, the Louis XIII Black Pearl goes for a whopping $30,000 per bottle.

I do have, and do sip, the Mount Gay Extra Old rum @ $85. (free for me :biggrin:) That stuff is aged 17 years and is awesome with a Habana cigar!

Louis XIII is expensive due to the crystal container, or so I hear. After that, the refills are relatively cheaper, or so I also hear :biggrin:.

Tito's won the world spirits competition in California several years ago. Beat every single Vodka that attended; over 75 others I believe. It's the real deal, and it's not expensive. If anyone that likes Vodka and hasn't tried this one, your palette is missing one of the best finishing Vodkas in the world.

Joe

My every day scotch and I sometimes like to mix it with some 7up or Ginger Ale

whisky-buchanan-s-12-years-litro.jpg

For some good times I pour this:

showImagephp.jpg

My every day scotch and I sometimes like to mix it with some 7up or Ginger Ale

whisky-buchanan-s-12-years-litro.jpg

For some good times I pour this:

showImagephp.jpg

thanks roger. say... you wouldn't happen to know ayrton senna, would you? :biggrin:

while i enjoy a bit of beer from time to time, i (and our friends who have access to it) really enjoy the fruit liqueurs i make with the fruit from our property.

the pomegranate, limoncello, pear w/hint of vanilla bean, blackberry w/hint of vanilla bean and tangerine "cello" (same recipe as limoncello with tangerine) are the favorites (in that order).

oh, and a bit of port before bedtime is nice, too.

Back