Dreamzsport Type R wing concerns

Everyone,

I am just trying to get a general idea. How do you like your Dreamzsport Type R rear wing? I want to buy one, but I can't find very many pictures. And all the ones I do find look as though the wing sags down a bit in the middle. That concerns me because if you look closely the Type R wing it actually bows UP in the middle. I want to make sure the wing isn't warping on anyone.

If anyone has any comments or pictures please respond.

Thanks,

John

I thought the same thing when I was looking at picutres of that spoiler here on Prime. I have a FRP version being shipped to me that should arrive this week. When I looked at my friends Carbon spoiler in person it didn't appear to be sagging at all. It looks perfectly flat. I'm thinking it is an optical illusion. I veiws pictures of his car before and it appeared to sag, but not in person. I'm sure others with the spoiler will comment.

ChrisK said:
I thought the same thing when I was looking at picutres of that spoiler here on Prime. I have a FRP version being shipped to me that should arrive this week. When I looked at my friends Carbon spoiler in person it didn't appear to be sagging at all. It looks perfectly flat. I'm thinking it is an optical illusion. I veiws pictures of his car before and it appeared to sag, but not in person. I'm sure others with the spoiler will comment.

Mine doesn't sag. (Well, at least not yet, I'm hoping.) I have had some concerns about sagging, but each time I look at it thinking it's starting to droop, I realize it must be my eyes playing tricks on me. Yes, the real version does bow up in the middle significantly than the Dreamsport version. I wish mine did, but, hey, I'm still happy. AND I didn't pay too much either.

-Randy

I've had mine for almost a year and I'm totally satisfied with it. No sagging here!!!:D :D :D
fb698fec.jpg
fb698ff2.jpg
fc00f4fb.jpg

well, i have dreamzsport CarbonFiber wing, that came with the nsx that i bought from dreamzsport owner

no sag at all.. still in great condition. took it upto 135 mph+ without a problem. no flapping like fiber glass, CF is strong

-jjc.

jadkar said:
Everyone,

I am just trying to get a general idea. How do you like your Dreamzsport Type R rear wing? I want to buy one, but I can't find very many pictures. And all the ones I do find look as though the wing sags down a bit in the middle. That concerns me because if you look closely the Type R wing it actually bows UP in the middle. I want to make sure the wing isn't warping on anyone.

If anyone has any comments or pictures please respond.

Thanks,

John

hi can you tell me where i can find a link to the dreamzport site to check type-r wing many thanks

jadkar said:
the ones I do find look as though the wing sags down a bit in the middle. That concerns me because if you look closely the Type R wing it actually bows UP in the middle.

the wing has no sag and [mine] is of very high quality. Any sagging you may see in pictures could be the bulge of the LED rear light on the underside of the wing. HTH

Attachments

• Tail.jpg
    Tail.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 949
CF doesn't sag..it would have to be a warped mold. The NSX-R wing curves up (in line with the body). It's just that the Dreamzsport doesn't flow with the body lines of the car and rear hatch and you're noticing it.

satan_srv said:
CF doesn't sag..it would have to be a warped mold. The NSX-R wing curves up (in line with the body). It's just that the Dreamzsport doesn't flow with the body lines of the car and rear hatch and you're noticing it.

Got a question for you. Isn't the OEM stock wing flat? Do you think it flows with the body lines of the car? If you do, what would make a difference if the Dreamzsport Type R wing is flat?

anyone interested in a fiberglass wing? The wing is stuctually ok, it's been on my buddy's daily driver and it's a direct replica of the rear type R. The car also had been at 145 mph in many times with no ill effect. (at the track, of course.) Only that it needs some cosmetic fix. ie, some body filler, sanding and re paint.

The wing doesn't have 3rd brake lights, but it's significantly lighter than the OEM wing. I have the same wing on my car, you may check it out in my gallery, there's a bigger gap on the right hand side, (a common problem for the batch of cheap R wing replica ). I'm thinking $250 obo + Shipping...

8246volk2.jpg

824628-med.JPG

8246volkr1-med.jpg

I just got my new wing as well as the 02 taillight mod. No sagging here :smile: Do y'all think I need to add the large Acura emblem on the rear center tail lens?

Last edited:
Get the JDM "H" symbol for the center tail light:wink:

1TITENSX said:
Got a question for you. Isn't the OEM stock wing flat? Do you think it flows with the body lines of the car? If you do, what would make a difference if the Dreamzsport Type R wing is flat?

For me personally, I think the stock wing looks fine at the lower position...then it lines up with the trunk and doesn't relate to the hatch and roof of the car as much. With the Type-R it needs to be curved to flow with the roof and hatch, or it looks out of whack. Just my opinion, but I'm sure Honda thought the same thing when they designed it curved. I'm sure there were functional reasons to but I'm just talking about looks.

i have had the wing on my car for a while and am pretty happy with it.
no sagging in the middle, i really do believe this is an optical illusion with the sagging, i believe the curvature on the top face of the wing creates this effect

that being said, i think my current wing isnt 'small enough' so i need to get a GT500 instead :biggrin:

Tyus, That looks great!
4319IMG_0982.jpg

Do the car some justice on the picture taking :biggrin: Use a tripod, do the shooting early in the morning or late evening, and lengthen the exposure a bit :biggrin: Sorry, I need a wallpaper of your car :wink:

John, check you PM.

Thanks,

Vizal

Vizal said:
Tyus, That looks great! Do the car some justice on the picture taking :biggrin: Use a tripod, do the shooting early in the morning or late evening, and lengthen the exposure a bit :biggrin: Sorry, I need a wallpaper of your car :wink:

John, check you PM.

Thanks,

Vizal

I know I know...I suck at taking pics :redface: I'll probably will end up getting a tripod so I can take some better pics.

menuserve said:
is this wing painted black or still carbon fiber in these pictures?

It was a tough decision but I decided to paint the wing. I thought it would look better on a dark car painted. If my car was a lighter color, I wouldn't have painted it.

you car looks great. I had the A emblem on my car only because I felt that my red taillight doesn't contrast with the body color. Thus the Bling emblem create some of the focus for the rear.

But on your car, it's very nice as-is. Very clean, if I were you, I'll get a blk or Carbon fiber license frame, if it's allowed by local PD, The license plate seems to be a little too busy for the otherwise clean look of your car.

Back