• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

downforce to target ferrari and porsche

from downforce's home page....

01/31/2008: Downforce is to target the Porsche and Ferrari market. In the coming months lookout for hot and exciting products for your F430 and 997 Porsche.

01/31/2008: All NSX sales in the US Territories will be handled by Science of Speed. All wholesale and sales inquiries will be handled by Science of Speed. Our web store will be operational for international customers only.
01/14/2008: Due to numerous price increases from our raw material suppliers, we are forced to raise prices 10% on average across the board. The price increase will be effective on January 29, 2008.

I have naver see any F-car or P car with mods...well, maybe one or two in a blue moon......the kind of mods DF are doing for NSX now....
good luck too them...

I feel that this is a horrible idea. If we receive the product and there is some damage, I would rather speak to the company in charge than a middle man. I have always had great succes with Downforce. Ben, and sam have always taken care of me.

I can see DF wanting to expand to other markets, but I would much rather deal with you guys direct. Frank

I have naver see any F-car or P car with mods...well, maybe one or two in a blue moon......the kind of mods DF are doing for NSX now....
good luck too them...
For real?

Europe has tuners for both. Check out Hamann / Novitec Rosso for Ferrari and Gemballa / Techart for Porsche.

I think Downforce should consider doing some advertisements in Dubai Car Magazine publications as this city is P and F car heaven!!!

I'll send Sam and e-mail and talk to him about this. They will be laughing all the way to the bank...

Jetpilot

Time for them to expand. There is a pertty big after market stuff for P and F cars in Japan, perhaps they can start a trend here in the US?

Awesome!

Great move for DF. I have a Porsche as well and there are alot of body kits and mods out there but they need a quality CF company.

Ferraris are getting cheaper in the used market. I am sure these lower prices will just bring on the mods. You can pick up a low milage 360 Spyder for under 100K now.

I am very happy that SOS is taking over customer service (and I hope shipping). DF is filled with a bunch of good guys that dont want to burn anyone but distribution/service is not their strong point...building cool parts is!

I hope that the new relationship will allow for more R&D and better service and everyone is happy!

My .02...Good luck!

good news for them.... not necessarily good news for us. i just hope SoS doesn't add much markup to the parts....

oh, also, there was this news :frown:

01/14/2008: Due to numerous price increases from our raw material suppliers, we are forced to raise prices 10% on average across the board. The price increase will be effective on January 29, 2008.

I've always wondered if DF and Vorsteiner were the same company. Both owners are named Peter and located in Cali. Both make CF items and have similar results/issues at times.

Have you ever bought from SOS? Their customer service is great!

They already are a distributor for DF. The prices shouldnt change.

my comment was based on the fact that df will no longer deal with customers so now there is a middleman in ALL issues- quality, pricing, delivery etc. as far as being exposed to sos- no offense but i do live in phoenix, have you noticed? furthermore, do you think sos sell df parts for nothing? of course there is a markup, direct prices are always lower- i know from personal experience. i have dealt with df in the past and they were always open to striking a reasonable deal.

my comment was based on the fact that df will no longer deal with customers so now there is a middleman in ALL issues- quality, pricing, delivery etc. as far as being exposed to sos- no offense but i do live in phoenix, have you noticed? furthermore, do you think sos sell df parts for nothing? of course there is a markup, direct prices are always lower- i know from personal experience. i have dealt with df in the past and they were always open to striking a reasonable deal.

There is a tradeoff too. For those who have issues with quality or stock, SOS has the staff to monitor this and remedy the issue in a timely manner. You guys are also assuming a markup when in fact DF may discount their products to SOS to keep $$ in check and so they can make a profit as well. From DF standpoint, they don't have to deal w/ the end customer and it's worth the wholesale to SOS. Sometimes, we can be a real pain in the a*s:biggrin:

Jeff

Are they still going to do pre painted parts???? I'd like to have downforce do my 02+ front end conversion but if not...... I might as well just go dig up parts where ever i can piece it together cheaper then find some shop to spray.

Are they still going to do pre painted parts???? I'd like to have downforce do my 02+ front end conversion but if not...... I might as well just go dig up parts where ever i can piece it together cheaper then find some shop to spray.

We do and will continue to service south Cali if you wanted us to do convert and paint your car we will continue to do that we have 3 in our shop we are doing right now.

i have dealt with df in the past and they were always open to striking a reasonable deal.

This is one of the reasons they are using a distributor. Why do they want walk-ins trying to strike a better deal. As a manufacturuer and wholesale distributor that is just annoying.

So I wonder if I direct my inquiries concerning the seat switch bezel to DF or SOS now.

All inquires should go to SOS. Let them do what they do.

Are they still going to do pre painted parts????

Call SOS, they should have your answer.

I think it is a great idea they are doing this. SOS has the infastructure to distribute and DF has the skill to manufacture. I wish them both good fortune.

Hello everyone ,

This is Sam Alfaro General Manager @ Down Force

This change we have made is to better every aspect of this company.
SOS already was a huge parts of our sales every month. They have the staff and the tools to provide good service and support. We will continue to control prices via our web site SOS will not be able to raise the prices that we advertise . I will still be available for questions if you feel that SOS is not meeting your expectations. This change will allow me to spend a lot more time to develop new products and improve older ones. SOS will be stocking a huge amount of products to improve turn around time on your purchase. SOS is also pushing us for more products that are in demand like the center console bezel, and other exciting products we will talk about once in production. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me [email protected]

I would like to thank every single person who has purchased our products.
P.S. the group buy for the Battery and front bumper under trays will be valid until Sunday night after that they will go back to normal price through SOS

Sam Alfaro GM @ DF

'01/31/2008: Downforce is to target the Porsche and Ferrari market. In the coming months lookout for hot and exciting products for your F430 and 997 Porsche. '

I feel left out... no Lamborghini.. I guess the market is not that large and they made a whole lot more F and P cars....

Back