• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce Rear Diffuser NSX-R

Install photos on lift :biggrin:

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

Can someone please tell where to get pricing on the larger finned diffuser? It's not on SOS or DF website:confused:

For those who run this in hot wheather stop and go or on the track i would love some follow up as to wether the motor temps are a problem.There has been talk in the past that the diffusers that run to the sway bars can impede heat loss,from the exhaust and motor.

For those who run this in hot wheather stop and go or on the track i would love some follow up as to wether the motor temps are a problem.There has been talk in the past that the diffusers that run to the sway bars can impede heat loss,from the exhaust and motor.

I'd heard this as well when I asked about the NSX-R show car diffuser. I've been waiting to see if anyone had track tested this.

Also anyone know the larger diffusers weight?

I can't imagine a diffuser working better than a spoiler with the proper height clearance.

Also, one of the limiting factors in any aero kit is how well it's fastened to the car.

I've seen many kits get pulled off with the power of the air.

Hello actually a diffuser is more productive sometimes than a spoiler due to the fact that the air flowing under the car is considered dirty so you are directing it and causing a low pressure area causing down force where a spoiler you are adding drag to clean air. When open wheel race cars are designed most of the time they develop the tunnels / rear diffuser first and according to that data they will add the needed upper spoiler to accomplish the wanted down force .. Sorry if I got a little technical :biggrin:

5.7 lbs with the clear coat in CF.
Hardware 1/2 lbs.

Heck that's not bad at all.

Hello actually a diffuser is more productive sometimes than a spoiler due to the fact that the air flowing under the car is considered dirty so you are directing it and causing a low pressure area causing down force where a spoiler you are adding drag to clean air. When open wheel race cars are designed most of the time they develop the tunnels / rear diffuser first and according to that data they will add the needed upper spoiler to accomplish the wanted down force .. Sorry if I got a little technical :biggrin:

Could you tell me how to buy one:biggrin:

It's harder to design a good diffuser since there is alot of dirty air underneath and the dynamics are many.

A spoiler can get cleaner airflow if it clears the roofline. It's double sided. The top pushes the spoiler down and the bottom is like a diffuser where it creates negative pressure.

Price and where to buy ...again:biggrin:

BATMANs: All spoilers create drag which is bad on efficiency. While the diffuser could probably not generate as much downforce versus a diffuser, the diffuser is actually becoming more mainstream. The truth is the diffuser could work so much better if the NSX have a sealed gas tank area, sealed engine area, and a flap along bottom of the side skirts. If you look at the numbers closely only can a diffuser decrease drag coefficient and increase negative lift at the same time. Drag will affect your acceleration and top speed. Decreasing drag will improve almost every performance parameter. Many exotic cars have abandoned the spoiler as a result. Designing a diffuser is not difficult for the NSX because we work with what we got. If you were designing a car from scratch, then yes it would be a very time consuming and engineering feat. We only wanted to make an improvement to the factory performance numbers.

I have one last comment about your comment "A spoiler can get cleaner airflow if it clears the roofline. It's double sided. The top pushes the spoiler down and the bottom is like a diffuser where it creates negative pressure."

1.) The purpose of aerodynamics is not to disturb the air pressure around the car if possible. By adding large wing that clears the roofline it will create unimaginable drag to the car. You don't want to mess up any clean airflow near the car. The only car that I can recall which probably needed a spoiler is the Porsche.

2.) There is no single or double sided to a wing. The air doesn't push the wing down. It is actually the opposite. The wing is slowing down the air so much that it is collecting positive pressure (because the air is getting backed up) meanwhile the air flowing beneath the spoiler is free flowing. The area behind the wing senses with unbalance pressure so it wants to equalize itself. The high pressure tries very hard to reach to the negative pressure and creates the pull. This is the exact reason how a diffuser works, but the NSX top profile is the wing (or another way to say it is the NSX is a wing). The diffuser helps keep the exit speed of the air to stay consistent, instead of slowing down. The fins are a big factor in channeling the air for maintaining air velocity. The bigger the channels the better it will work.

GlowNSX: No heat issues, the GEN2 diffusers have an opening to allow heat to exit.

Chris, will this diffuser fit the GT-One rear valence? It is very similiar to the 02 up unit but I'm not sure about exact measurements between the two. Do you stock the FRP version? Thank's.:smile:

BATMANs: All spoilers create drag which is bad on efficiency. While the diffuser could probably not generate as much downforce versus a diffuser, the diffuser is actually becoming more mainstream. The truth is the diffuser could work so much better if the NSX have a sealed gas tank area, sealed engine area, and a flap along bottom of the side skirts. If you look at the numbers closely only can a diffuser decrease drag coefficient and increase negative lift at the same time. Drag will affect your acceleration and top speed. Decreasing drag will improve almost every performance parameter. Many exotic cars have abandoned the spoiler as a result. Designing a diffuser is not difficult for the NSX because we work with what we got. If you were designing a car from scratch, then yes it would be a very time consuming and engineering feat. We only wanted to make an improvement to the factory performance numbers.

I have one last comment about your comment "A spoiler can get cleaner airflow if it clears the roofline. It's double sided. The top pushes the spoiler down and the bottom is like a diffuser where it creates negative pressure."

1.) The purpose of aerodynamics is not to disturb the air pressure around the car if possible. By adding large wing that clears the roofline it will create unimaginable drag to the car. You don't want to mess up any clean airflow near the car. The only car that I can recall which probably needed a spoiler is the Porsche.

2.) There is no single or double sided to a wing. The air doesn't push the wing down. It is actually the opposite. The wing is slowing down the air so much that it is collecting positive pressure (because the air is getting backed up) meanwhile the air flowing beneath the spoiler is free flowing. The area behind the wing senses with unbalance pressure so it wants to equalize itself. The high pressure tries very hard to reach to the negative pressure and creates the pull. This is the exact reason how a diffuser works, but the NSX top profile is the wing (or another way to say it is the NSX is a wing). The diffuser helps keep the exit speed of the air to stay consistent, instead of slowing down. The fins are a big factor in channeling the air for maintaining air velocity. The bigger the channels the better it will work.

GlowNSX: No heat issues, the GEN2 diffusers have an opening to allow heat to exit.

So SOS has gen 2 diffusers for sale or gen 1?

Back