Downforce Painted my front end

Almost 2 years ago I had my hood, front bumper, and headlight covers painted at Downforce. While there was no body damage per say there were years of rock chips to deal with. I remember picking up the car and being so pleased that all the paint chips had been removed. The paint looked great. I remember Peter coming over and telling me he was not happy with the paint match and that the car needed to be repainted. They were just getting ready to move to a new facility, so I suggested waiting until they were situated. Well time has a way of traveling and a lot of time went by. Plus add to that the whole downturn in the economy.

I kept in touch every couple of months and was really not too concerned. Peter has been great to deal with. I never once felt that he would not follow up as promised. Well patience is gold. Recently Peter got his paint booth up and joined forces with Shawn. This guy is amazing. He really knows his stuff. They spent days making sure the paint matched perfectly. We found that various parts of the car had subtle differences in how the color had aged over the last 9 years. I asked them to repair the paint chips in the two fenders but try and save the Superchared by Comptech stickers that I had placed on both fenders. This made it really tough as they would need to color match the hood and the fender but not paint the entire fender. Oh and to make matters worst my color is not just red but the New Formula Red. Well they finished it and it is amazing! I could not be more pleased. The NSX community is lucky to have Peter and Downforce.

So if you need a bumper repainted or for that matter your entire car I would highly recommend Downforce. My car was always taken care of and protected. They kept it covered so I did not have concerns of overspray. I could not be more pleased. Go Peter, Go Shawn

I have enclosed some photos. They painted the entire hood, and part of the fender but clear coated both. Now my decal no longer has rough edges but feels like part of the car. You can no longer get the decal so it was really important to save it, which Shawn did.

This weekend I took my car to Cars and Coffee and parked next to a new Ferrari 430. People told me my paint looked much better than the Ferrari.

Manny

Last edited:
The paint looks flawless Manny. Awesome job by Downforce! Your sticker could be easily replicated by any sticker shop if it ever got damaged. :smile:

I hear you, the sticker was part of the Comptech Supercharger install and so it is kind of special to me. I had heard that you could reproduce them, but it is nice to have the originals. I like the idea of clear coating over the sticker as it is less likely to tear or peal. That has been one of my concerns everytime I wipe over it. Obviously if I ever sold the car and removed the supercharger that might present me with a problem. However at this point I expect to keep this car since I have had it since new.

Manny

Last edited:
That is great to hear those positive reviews. I am waiting on a new DF hood myself from Peter that should hopefully arrive later this week. I can't wait to see how it looks after they get it all painted and installed for me.

I'll be sure to share some photos of it too when it's all done.

Steve

Back