• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce - DF-R Hood Duct

Can anyone get a pic through the hood vent? That would be great.

Here you go :biggrin:
And a couple with the hood open :smile:

By looking at the above pic, is the spare tire bracket used as back support?

you are correct...ding ding:eek:

Sorry :tongue:
I made that. I've had that since May 2008.
Sam let me have the duct after I said 'can I PLEASE have it for the J-motoring event':smile::smile::smile:

But it was before they could figure a way to mount it.:wink:

no regrets

THANKS SAM, you're the best :biggrin:

Last edited:
I got me CF DF-R Hood Duct as well, thanks! I encountered a slight problem with mine. The rubber gasket/weather strip that goes around the top of the hood duct does not fit in a 1" section. There is a area that has a 1" section that is approximately 1/8" thicker which prohibits the rubber gasket/weather strip to be mounted. Please advise.

I saw this product in person the other day and the mounting design is brilliant and it is a very good looking, functional piece. Should also improve front-end downforce.

Does it need to be bolted on to the tire bracket?

No.. in fact, I removed my tire bracket. Doesn't seem to need it at all. It bolts to the fan itself. (not saying it isn't a good idea to have that back there, but imo it doesn't need it)

Just work that weather stripping... it'll slide on there.
:smile:

Just work that weather stripping... it'll slide on there.
:smile:

I've tried forcing the weather stripping on, but it's just too think in that area. The only other way is to grind/sand that area down to the same thickness as the rest of the duct. The only problem with that is the grinded/sanded area might be lighter in color. I will probably need to repaint that area. DF, what do you suggest I do?

P9130029.JPG

Installed... works great.

Holy crap Doc. Thats an awesome frontal shot. That thing looks massive. I would love to see more shots. BTW very nice underside hoodshot.

sorry for upping an old post...

interested in picking up one. will the free shipping still apply because i have a df hood :biggrin:

I have this piece and can say it works very well. At high track speeds I used to get quite a bit of turbulance from the R hood (I do not have the factory under-aero pack yet). This piece cut that down by quite a bit. I absolutely recommend it. I even tested the amount of turbulance along the hood and duct edges by attaching flying strips of tape and watching them move at speed. There is a big difference. Less turbulance from under the hood edge and more air moving through the R duct. It will add significant downforce.

The only thing you want to be careful of is the bolt that extends out of the shaft that secures it to the engine fan has a tendency to come loose. It is press-fit only. I recommend a dab of locktite or better yet some JB Weld around the bolt edge/rod edge to secure it. Don't overtighten the thing either.

Edit: I am looking at the pictures and it looks like on Vance's car the rear is attached to the spare tire bracket. I don't know if there was a design change, but the rear of my bucket attaches to the center of the fan assembly with a long rod that has a threaded bolt sticking out of it. The bolt goes through the duct's hole, and a nut sandwiches it in. This could be a newer design or something my mechanic whipped up.

I know this thread is old but how did I miss this thread before!!! Just installed mine. Very novel design Peter, I strapped mine to the radiator outlet rather than use the spare tire bracket... Let's see how that goes. I know it will be getting a lot of air through it at high speed so if I need to add the bracket back there I will.

Peter can you verify if Turbo has a revised design? I don't think mine came with any threaded rod...

Last edited:
I know this thread is old but how did I miss this thread before!!! Just installed mine. Very novel design Peter, I strapped mine to the radiator outlet rather than use the spare tire bracket... Let's see how that goes. I know it will be getting a lot of air through it at high speed so if I need to add the bracket back there I will.

Peter can you verify if Turbo has a revised design? I don't think mine came with any threaded rod...

The duct should come with hardware IE: 8 Inch (est.) threaded rod, standard nut and cylinder nut.

Do you think it needs to be attached to the spare tire bracket? I have my bracket out for cosmetic and weight loss reasons. I'd prefer to keep it out.

The new design rod attaches to the radiator fan I thought... No more spare tire bracket

Do you think it needs to be attached to the spare tire bracket? I have my bracket out for cosmetic and weight loss reasons. I'd prefer to keep it out.

Actually I think you may be right. I looked at it this weekend and there was nowhere on the fan to screw into... Which sucks because I don't want to use the spare tire bracket either. Can someone confirm this?? Also, the zip tie method did not hold up... Surprise surprise lol. I am temporarily using an advanced cardboard box method I developed. [emoji23]

So I put in the spare tire holder and it did not line up with my duct hole at all. I ended up sandwiching a high density foam packaging between the holder and duct. It works very well and spreads out the load from the air even better across a larger area and is easier to remove (no tools needed).

Does anyone have this duct with the love Fab Front upper bar? I'm curious if it'll fit

Yes, did you see the other thread on how I modified it?

Last edited:
Nope. That's great. I shall look for it.

Back