• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce [Competition] - Cold Carbon Intake System

I am canceling the Paper Sock Scissors so to those that participated you will receive a $200 discount. The final price on the carbon intake is $785 which the price may go up. We have actually made 2 sets of tooling just because I'm anal like that. Actually it is because we are improving our intake by making a smooth finish on the inside and outside. This is a compression mold which is very nice and superior when compared to the original Mugen.

Here are the weight specs:

Air Filter
Mugen Filter: 12.0 oz
DF Filter: 9.3 oz

Filter Velocity Stack
Mugen Aluminum Velocity Stack: 7.9 oz
DF Carbon Velocity Stack: 3.0 oz

Filter Box
Mugen Carbon Box: 8.7 oz
DF Carbon Box: 8.7 oz

Funnel
Mugen Funnel: 2.0 oz
DF Funel: 2.0 oz

All Hardware 2.8oz

Total DF Carbon Intake Weight: 25.8 oz (1.61 lbs)
Total Mugen Carbon Intake Weight: 33.4 oz (2.09 lbs)
Total OEM Intake Weight: ?

(subject to edit because I'm going to measure the stock box).

Last edited:
Baseline Stock NSX: 218.2 HP
Baseline w/ Unifilter Drop In: 222.1 HP
Baseline No Filter / No Box 198.2 HP
Carbon Intake Mugen Filter: 222.7 HP
Carbon Intake Hi Flow Filter: 224.6 HP
Carbon Intake Clean Flow Filter: 226.4 HP
Baseline Stock NSX: 216.3 HP
Baseline Stock NSX: 216.1 HP

Interesting results! Just to make sure I understand:

Baseline = OEM airbox, OEM intake scoop, OEM paper filter
Baseline / Unifilter = OEM airbox, OEM intake scoop, Uni foam filter
Carbon Intake = Downforce airbox/intake scoop

I am cancelling the Paper Sock Scissors so to those that participated you will receive a $200 discount. The final price on the carbon intake is $785 which the price may go up. We have actually made 2 sets of tooling just because I'm anal like that. Actually it is because we are improving our intake by making a smooth finish on the inside and outside. This is a compression mold which is very nice and superior when compared to the original Mugen.

Here are the weight specs:

Mugen Filter DF Filter
12.0oz 9.30z

Mugen Aluminum Velocity Stack 7.9 oz
DF Carbon Velocity Stack 3.0 oz

Mugen Carbon Box 8.7 oz
DF Carbon Box 8.7 oz

All Hardware 2.8oz

Total DF Carbon Intake Weight: 23.8 oz (1.48 lbs)

(subject to edit because I'm going to measure the stock box).

damn it. I was going to participate too, but I was procrastinating till I saw the "last day post":mad::frown:

Interesting results! Just to make sure I understand:

Baseline = OEM airbox, OEM intake scoop, OEM paper filter
Baseline / Unifilter = OEM airbox, OEM intake scoop, Uni foam filter
Carbon Intake = Downforce airbox/intake scoop

Baseline = 100% stock NSX with no mods (OEM paper filter)
Baseline + Unifilter = OEM Airbox, OEM intake scoop, Uni foam drop in filter
DF Carbon Intake = Carbon Intake Setup + Carbon Funnel

Sorry I didn't get to dyno test with the Intake Scoop.

Carbon Funnel which is included in the intake kit.

mugenairfunnel.jpg

Hey Peter, good job replicating this. I was at your office yesterday while you're at the Dyno run and check out the finish product and the CF replication looked fantastic!!!

we will be offering a package deal with our intake scoop as well :biggrin:

So is this raffle still going on? If so I'm in :)

How about a discount on the one that was stood on?:biggrin:

I have it in my possession. Just picked up from DF today. Gorgeous piece!!!

Vance

Sorry I didn't get to dyno test with the Intake Scoop.

Yeah, there are a lot of things that would be interesting to test but if you test them all you'll grow old in the process so you've got to stop somewhere.

Regarding the 599/566 CFM you measured, what's a "flow range of 6"? Is that a certain number of inches of vacuum?

Also, what’s the circumference of the air filter at its thickest point at the back and at its thinnest point at the front (just after the nose cone) and what’s the distance between those two measuring points? It would be interesting how big your round filter is compared to the stock flat filter.

Last edited:
When do you anticipate these going for sale and what about some pictures of the final product??

Scarious92/Long got the first one. He will post pictures tomorrow.

It is ready for order. I was at DF yesterday checking out the the progress. Beautiful piece it is!!!

Scarious92/Long got the first one. He will post pictures tomorrow.

It is ready for order. I was at DF yesterday checking out the the progress. Beautiful piece it is!!!

Crap, I didn't even see that post. You can see my write-up here.

I haven't heard from either Vance nor Peter (DF) if these are final yet.

I'm sure you can get your hands on one though.

Anyone know the final price?

okay Prime members . We will be posting up the group buy for 10 intake systems very soon the first five will be shipped out in 2 weeks and the last 5 two weeks after that. then it will go back to retail price through us or science of speed. Good luck every one hope you guys jump on this deal if your reading this :eek:

okay Prime members . We will be posting up the group buy for 10 intake systems very soon the first five will be shipped out in 2 weeks and the last 5 two weeks after that. then it will go back to retail price through us or science of speed. Good luck every one hope you guys jump on this deal if your reading this :eek:

For you guys out of the us please don't forget to get shipping quoted.

Back