• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce Clean-Air HEPA System

I was able to assist the Downforce team with fitment and testing. Along with all the testing Peter spoke of DF also had to take into consideration with fitment where the cowl meets the hood brackets, as well as the windshield protective molding. With some minor adjustments and proper grinding the CF cowl came out perfect! With careful removal of the factory cowl all OEM parts and clips can be reused. I also verified that the Air conditioning system works perfectly I did not notice any pressure drop nor did I experience any dust come rushing into the cabin.

Works exactly as intended & a great additional to the carbon fiber addiction. :biggrin: Great job DF!

HondaArrArrr, Sorry for the threadjack, but what is the function (if any) and where did you get the covers for the fluids? Thx Jeff

HondaArrArrr, Sorry for the threadjack, but what is the function (if any) and where did you get the covers for the fluids? Thx Jeff

Just a dress-up item my friend......one of the few things I was able to obtain for the X with a Mugen logo on it :wink:

I picked them up at a local tuner shop.....Island Motorsports to be exact.

OFFICIAL RETAIL PRICING
FRP Front Cowl w/ R95 Activated Carbon $575.00
CF Front Cowl w/ R95 Activated Carbon $750.00

Producing CF is very high, especially in the labor, extra steps in clearcoating, and raw materials. These filters are recommended to be changed every 6 months. I will be testing newer technologies in filtration and making them available soon. Here is a current list of the filter pricing.

HEPA Filter Single Stage $21.00 (currently NA)
Activated Carbon R95 Single Stage $32.00

Last edited:
so is the official retail pricing for future buyers? Were the original buyers locked in at the original price? How many people have canceled? Im just looking to get bumped up:biggrin: Im sure most if not all people are going to wait for the system to come in. If it comes before x-mas Im wrapping up the box and putting it under the tree.

Looking for quality over quantity.........:smile:

Considering that Peter a busy man and currently short handed, I'll respond to what I know.

Checking to see how the progress is coming. Anyone have pictures to post yet?

From my understanding there are ~4 HEPA system just about ready. Peter was looking into some longer OEM clips as the part is a bit thicker than stock.

I will post photographs of the completed install soon.

so is the official retail pricing for future buyers? Were the original buyers locked in at the original price? How many people have canceled? Im just looking to get bumped up:biggrin: Im sure most if not all people are going to wait for the system to come in. If it comes before x-mas Im wrapping up the box and putting it under the tree.

Looking for quality over quantity.........:smile:

Yes, the official retail pricing is for future buyers not part of this group-buy.

Peter will have to answer the rest unless I can get in the horn with him.

You'll definitely be pleased with the quality!

OK, here is the status. There are 10 units ready to go with 4 more coming on Monday. Everything is on hold because of the shipping boxes. The reason why I ordered custom shipping boxes is the following:

My current box size that will fit the Front Cowl will cost me $200 on average to send out.

I tried making some DIY boxes and it takes a lot of time to do one. I think I will try to get 5 packaged tonight and send them out. Hopefully the new boxes will arrive soon so I can get everything out faster. The new boxes will cost $40 on average to ship, it is quite a difference. Something that I can't ignore, sorry.

Also I just got my email back online, I will answer all emails soon. Also all NSX Prime PMs I will also start on replying them as well. I lost a lot of valuable information on my computer. I quick formatted my hard drive to get rid of Vista and went back to XP. I didn't backup "My Documents" folder which is roughly 7-10 years worth of data and work. I tried a few programs but the program would freeze after scanning for files for a long time. Any suggestions or experts here? Currently it has 106 Capacity and there is 98GB Capacity so there's still a lot of space on the hard drive that is untouched. Any help appreciated. This ordeal had cost me 3 days worth of work. Thanks...

Also I have a guy coming in next week, his name is Sam. He will be your new customer service guy. Also we have Gianina (you can call her Gina). We are implementing a lot of protocols and standard operating procedures so we can streamline all status updates and customer service. We have a great crew and I think you'll see a difference in our service by next month. Thanks for the patience, I might include a bonus offer to everyone on the list just for being such great customers.

We got 10 new products coming out soon, but I don't want to make the same mistake as this product. I'll wait until everything is researched, built, done and packed before I start trying to sell.

Yes this is a bad case of run-on...

Hello every one. My name I Sam Alfaro. I will start working with Peter @ DF next week. I will make my self easy to contact and communicate with. to start My cell phone is 714 931-5810 you can call or txt me as U need to. My personal E-mail is [email protected] I check my emails at least once a day but now I will make it morning and afternoon.. otherwise txt or call me. It will take a little while for me to get acclimated @ DF but, will still get answers to your questions. And I would like to hear from anyone who has anything to complain about the product or service @ DF as I will make those my priorities. My back round is Honda Tech for over 7 years and building race cars for last 3 years. I worked @ swift engineering helping them build the toyota atlantic open wheel all carbon chassis. So high quality and promise times are a must for me. Thanks for Your time and look forward to servicing your needs and wants from DF. :biggrin:

Sam is a personal friend for over 15 years with tons of experience under his belt as he noted above. I can vouch that he is quite committed to customer service and will be a valuable asset to Downforce and the NSX community.

Perhaps; in do time, we can persuade him into selling his S2000 and find himself an 'X'. :wink:

ok guys here is best I could gather up from the time I've been here..
Priority list:

If everyone could PM me your shipping address, and which version you would like, I will start processing the orders. I will start requesting payment once I close this special.

1. FastraxTurbo - FRP PAID changing production to do frp end of next week
2. jsottile - CF (no wiper holes) PAID working on yours try ship by fri
3. Bluethunder - FRP PAID try by end of next week
4. CANCEL - Will go to reserve list.
5. Fireballs2_NSX - Undecided
6. Omeganorm - FRP PAID try by end of next week
7. Juejaimen - FRP PAID try by wed 27th
8. Roenick - cf PAID should ship out this friday
9. NSX PTY - FRP PAID try by nov30th
10. Commander - CF PAID should ship out this friday
11. Carl Ramsey - FRP PAID try by nov 30th
12. SSMS2000 - CF PAID should ship out this friday
13. mmerical - CF
14. 91nsx85crx - Undecided
15. Gary W - CF PAID
16. USA1 - CF PAID
17. HondaArrArrr - CF PAID
18. Tamoske - CF
19. NSX_ooosh - FRP PAID
20. Viper Driver - CF PAID

Reserve list:

21. ARYNSX - CF
22. Like007 - CF
23. David NSX -CF
24. eddieNSX - FRP
25. FFFFanman - FRP
26. michl moto - CF
27. Racerxjling - CF
28. Cyan NSX - CF
29. NSX ROC - CF
30. zenkai - FRP
31. drmanny3 - CF
32. synergy004 - CF

ok guys this is my best time table for but I think we will be getting faster as organize and run more efficient. please feel free to contact me if you have any questions [email protected] and for the ones on the list that I did not update anything I will as soon as I can give you a decent promise time again to everyone thank you for your business. :biggrin:
P.S. also for all of those that paid can you please send me the info on payment so I can make sure list is accurate and update it thanks every one

Last edited:
Take me off the reserve list please, I bought a Super Charger instead, It was about the same price as this piece!!!
Trev

I'm being a little cynical.
The price jump was way too much for me even though I wanted a filter for some time.
Also, not too crazy on the air to cloth ratio of the filter and 1" water column of static pressure that my little forward curve fan blower would see at 100 cfm. Thats a ton for a forward curve wheel.
So for now, I bow out and will whip up my own thingy when I have time.
On a side note guys, please dont assume that the small amount of carbon particles on the filter media will capture or collect too many gases. Carbon is like lava rock with all those little holes. Once those holes are filled with gases, the carbon is basically dead. So for the first few days, your looking good!
These are just my thoughts and feelings.
I have the right to change these thoughts and feelings when ever i want.
Besides all this, I will be moving to fast with the SC to collect any dust.
Trev

nsxpowered - It will be a older Comptech.

Just to clarify your pricing, correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone who was on the list, even if they where on the Reserve List, are getting the old original quoted price as shown below.
Prices:
$400 for the FRP version.
$550 for the Carbon Fiber version.
NSX Prime special: $50 off for the first 20 buyers.

Anyone else who is not on either list must pay the new price.
10-29-2007 11:07
nsxpowered OFFICIAL RETAIL PRICING
FRP Front Cowl w/ R95 Activated Carbon $575.00
CF Front Cowl w/ R95 Activated Carbon $750.00

Just want to make sure this is crystal clear to everyone on the reserve list, that you get the original price, but not the $50 off that the first 20 got.
Hope this helps.

Thanks
Trev

Ok guys I left DF really late boxing up some Hepa kits and retrofitting the filter tray. We added foam seals to make sure the air is not going around the filter.
I made custom packaging so I could start shipping some of these.So what it looks like right now is 2 shipped out today 1 Monday 1 Tuesday and shooting for 4 wed
So my goal is to ship at least on a day if not more than that. I really appreciate every one being so understanding and patient. Now that I have spent a week with DF I can really understand the issues that are going on I am working 10 hr a day trying to catch up with everything from simply shipping things out that are in stock to making better parts faster more efficient. While also being sale rep and tech support. So basically what I am trying to say is I am going to work my A#s off till we do as we promise. More detailed information on Tuesday
:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back