• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce - Business Sucks Sale

Mr Downforce.
I need to talk to you about my 02 Rear Valence that Bob at D.A. picked up from you for me. The fit at the right rear is terrible. Its about 1/2" out towards the rear of the car. The other side is fine. My body shop who was redoing my right quarter panel prep'd it and finished it with the other work they where doing.
They told me this piece was very rough and needed lots of prep work.
I assumed that your pieces where right on the nose and where perfect.
Why did I think this and why was I wrong?
Trev

Mine had a similiar problem as well. One side was not flush, lined up as well as the other side. Its seemed like one side was shorter than other:confused:
My car is black so its harder to make out so I just let it be..

That sucks....mine seems to be the right size...but can't be pushed forward enough towards the rear wheel, the body shop says.
When I first installed my HSC unit a month before...I had to redrill all the holes out and also make them the correct size...ie larger as the stock unit has and stock bolts need.....I am not impressed.
I will take this downforce one off myself and see what is up....when.....i'm not sure right now.
Trev

Hey Trev did you get my email or PM about your issue? I would like to help you resolve it. If you do decide to take off yourself I can show you where the culprit is, which is also evident on some of the OEM valences that I've seen (installed by other shops).

Baynsac: Can you email me a picture of your problem? [email protected].

Sam, or Ben shoot me a pm or call me. I want the agressive nsx-r rear diffuser, door sills, and a caron fiber vent garnish. The aggresive diffuser can be FRP as long as fitment is perfect. Thanks. Frank

Sam, or Ben shoot me a pm or call me. I want the agressive nsx-r rear diffuser, door sills, and a caron fiber vent garnish. The aggresive diffuser can be FRP as long as fitment is perfect. Thanks. Frank

Hi Frank,

Sorry Ben has not been with downforce for over 2 years. The aggressive diffuser has no fitment difference in carbon or frp its a matter of preference. I have an Frp in stock I would need 1 week to make you a carbon one. door sills I would need to make and the carbon fiber side vents I would have to make. but it should all take about 1 and half weeks.

baynsac and fffman look at the picture here. Check if this part is aligned. It is the likely cause of why the valance is short on one side. The installer didn't put it in all the way. There should be no grinding or cutting involved. Just aligning and pushing.

df-valence-check.jpg

If it is not pushed in all the way then the ends can't go all the way to meet the ends. Also please remember that installing the OEM valence is harder then our version because I purposely made our fins thinner so it would be easier to slide in. On the OEM it is very thick and when you snap it in, it takes a lot of force and also the snap action is very violent because of the force used to push it in.

Back