• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce - 2002+ Front Bumper (THERMOPLASTIC Polling)

Real Interest in purchasing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, already did the conversion

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No I don't plan on doing the conversion ever.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am testing the water to see if there is any interests in 2002+ OEM style front bumpers made of high pressure urethane. If this bumper can be offered at $1100, how many interested people are there?

Personal Opinion
I never thought about this route because I do not like urethane. For those in the paint or bodyshop business; have the same feeling. Aftermarket urethane bumpers are often thick and very heavy and also made of low pressure urethane. This means the Tg temp is much lower and becomes prone to warping from heat cycles. If you have a cut on an urethane bumper, there is no way to save it, it will eventually tear all the way through.

High Pressure Urethane
This is a different process that uses higher Tg materials and also the bumpers are usually at least 1/2 the thickness of the lower pressure urethane and 1/2 the weight. It doesn't expand and contract as much as low pressure urethanes.

I have a GT-One fiberglass 02+ bumper and I too wish I had gone with the OEM part. I'd be interested in a DF plastic version, but only if it was a true replica, with the horizontal crease line going all the way from fender to front opening. I don't like the way the current DF bumper has that smoothed out in the front.

Question - would the DF plastic version require the internal foam or any other OEM parts to work right?

I have found the lower bumper for $589.39 and the upper for $632.32=$1221.71 online shipped. If you can get a two piece system for less than that i may reconsider. I prefer 2 pieces as if one piece becomes damaged than it can be replaced for a lot less.

Back