• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Does anyone make this in carbon?

I've never seen a carbon version of this how come no one makes this triangle in carbon? It's in a very prominent location and an easy shape to make. If no one makes it I will have one made.

b71da80e6dac1d3e7e905b72efb16754_zps6deb1917.jpg

Wrapping/ lamination/overlays are only fake in terms of the fact they aren't pure carbon. If you use real material like carbon and resin whether it be epoxy or vinyl ester. There are benefits and drawbacks to both in some cases.

If you wrap in vinyl stretch film then yes it'll look fake.

If wrapped the first way it will match your existing parts perfectly. You can look at my lamination thread if you wish for reference and also check out procar specials since their latest parts are wraps.

But to go back to what you're asking I've seen the part in carbon. If it was a wrap or a full carbon part I don't know, and I have no idea of anybody who makes it. Maybe i's impact? I thought I saw it on the as motorsports thread.

Last edited:
p-4-2.jpg

this? not only is it expensive but the weave looks like shit. Stephen you wanna make this?

Sign me up lol

p-4-2.jpg

this? not only is it expensive but the weave looks like shit. Stephen you wanna make this?

It depends how it attaches to tell you the truth. The tricky part with carbon are the mounting points always. If anything has clips like the ones some of the interior panels are held on with like the pillars then it's hard to fabricate something up like that.

I would personally need to see the back. The shape isn't the issue. With this item it's the mounting.

Make the piece and we can glue it on , IMO that's how it's held on anyways

Lmao ^^^

Can someone confirm this? If its attach via 3m or something then yes I'll take on the project.

- - - Updated - - -

For the past 7 years I've always had my car torn apart so essentially yes. I don't own one and never have since I've never quite enjoyed it yet. Haha

Maybe it's glue I don't see any play or gaps , I assume glue

I bought a pair of these on eBay recently.They were made from actual Honda parts and wrapped in CF. They look incredible - subtle but BAM when you notice them:-)

No I've seen Stephens pieces they look excellent. But I've also seen fake looking stuff. I'd be happy with something he makes.

Probably the hardest thing about making carbon pieces like OEM are making the attachment points. It seems like it would be very difficult.

Hang in there. I have a set coming I'll mess with. I have a huge project in the works so this will be when I can. If I can't make them then at least I can overlay one pair and that'll be offered to Dave since he's gauged the most interest thus about this part.

Back