DocJohn Thanks for the ride

:D I just wanted to say thanks for the ride on Saturday at the Glen :D
As you said you had a hand in my "conversion" to the NSX club (cult??) from the start. First by checking out my car at Rayco then with additional education and now by showing me what the car is truly capable of. Now it has gone full circle from owner to track rat in a year. Your driving skills go into my don't try this at home library but the ride was worth the trip to XPO. On the other hand I'm glad we waited till at least a little while after lunch or Chuck (Zymol) Bennett would have been testing his interior cleaning products on the Bee :rolleyes: :D

You are truly a great advocate of the NSX and it's very obvious how much you care about everyone at the club. Just remember the next time you need a fuse ask a novice because we have everything on the list in our prep bag :)

It was great to finally meet you in person and I hope we can get together sometime soon.

Alan

Thank-you Alan,You surprised me with the spare fuse,and that rather racy rear wing ;) We do have a special group,the car really is secondary(but real close ;) ).the xpo bug sounds like it bit,so we look forward to seeing you in Arizona next year.

Simple. When I first started tracking the car I felt it would be prudent to add contrasting colour to be more noticable in trafic.It was Lud who coined the term bumblebee from xpo in Atlanta.I just ran with that name,giving it a persona.

docjohn said:
Simple. When I first started tracking the car I felt it would be prudent to add contrasting colour to be more noticable in trafic.

Or otherwise known as "I wanted to be the most photographed car at any track event." ;)

Not to mention garnering such awards as "NSX most likely to ooze honey" in the concourse event...

I too enjoyed a ride in "The Bee". One of many great memories I took home from NSXPO 2004. Thanks again John! :D

TampaBayNSX-R said:
I too enjoyed a ride in "The Bee". One of many great memories I took home from NSXPO 2004. Thanks again John! :D
Me too -- I got rides from both John (Doc John) and Don (DONYMO), the two cars with NSX-R suspensions. Both very nicely set-up rides, in the hands of two very capable drivers. Thank you both for a wonderful time.

- Manuel

PS -- if you really want to give that NSX-R setup a workout, get your cars over to Grattan Raceway in Belding MI :)

I'll concede he has an oem bumblebee,but cmon man there can(thankfuly) bee :p only one.

Back