Do you trust your mechanic?

first and foremost, you need to establish a relationship with your mechanic. He needs to really know how you feel about your car and that you have chosen him and not anyone else with your car. I would never choose a dealership, ever. It should be an independent shop that specializes in these and other types of cars and "it's owners". I think the tech should be an enthusiest as well as an owner of something particuliar himself.

+ 1 !

Guys, when you have a new car under warranty, don't you need to take it to a dealer to get the free warranty work done? That's the only time I go to a dealer, and still, I hate to. On the other hand, Honda did warranty the differential in my 2005 S2000. I took it to a dealership while I was on a road trip, and had to leave it for a couple weeks since the differential was on back order.

Guys, when you have a new car under warranty, don't you need to take it to a dealer to get the free warranty work done?
Yes.

That's the only time I go to a dealer, and still, I hate to.
Then get a new dealer for service. My dealer has been AWESOME (which is why I use them and not some of the other dealerships in my area). (Independent mechanics may be fine as well, for non-warranty service. In my area, the mechanics with lots of NSX experience are all at dealerships.)

When you bring your car to a garage or dealership, are you afraid what they will do to your car rather fixing it? It has happened to this guy and this time he had the hidden voice recorder in the door pocket.

Would this be good enough to proof in the court of laws besides damages, but also pain and suffering?

How many people here would trust their mechanics to fix their NSX's?

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...s-abusing-car-scheming-damages-152707580.html

I'm pretty sure (although this law depends on each state), that you can only record a conversation without notifying the other parties if you're directly involved in the conversation. If you plan to record a conversation as a 3rd party, those involved must be notified of the recording device either by stating it verbally or having a sign posted.

Unless the owner has a sticker on the car window that says "This vehicle is subject to audio surveillance at all times" or something along those lines, I don't feel the evidence would stick up in court.

Great timing on this post. When I had my NSX, I used to bring it to Ben at Daisy Import in Woodbine and NO one else because Ben earned my trust. He is a rockstar. I then got a Maserati, which I brought to Josh at ECS (Exotic Car Specialties) in Sterling as he has a stellar reputation and while he only serviced the car once, it was a great experience. I recently bought a twin turbo 911 and I called Ben to see if he could do some work on it and he not only was willing, but he actually was excited to do it (and, no I don't worry that he's going to go tearing around the streets in my car). He loves a challenge and to work on new things. I know he'll take care of me (price wise) and the car and that's a great feeling. I wish for everyone that they have a lawyer they can trust to always do what's in the client's best interest (that's my approach to my law practice) and a mechanic that they can trust to repair the right way.

I trust my mechanic, Nabil at First Class. He's awesome! I would struggle if I was forced to take my car to a stealership for maintenance unless they had an established NSX mechanic that would work on the car.

Back