Do you like your Formula Red NSX?

I believe you will find that the TL body kit is installed at the dealership. They do not come from the factory that way. That was the way it was with my 2001 CL Type S and my 2003 Accord.

All NSXs are supposed to be red. The ones that aren't, are mistakes made at the factory. :D

Seriously, an NSX will attract attention in ANY color. Get the color car that YOU like the best.

Oh, to answer your questions: Yes, I specifically wanted red when I bought my car; then, as now, I liked it the best of the colors that were available at the time. (The only colors I would prefer now over red are the Long Beach Blue and the Monte Carlo Blue, both of which became available since I bought mine.) It was my first red car.

Matteni wrote:
>>I absolutely LOVE the color and it has not diminished in the 7++ years of ownership.

Poor Nick has only owned his car for a short while. I can say my experience of owning a Formula Red NSX for 14 years is - TERRIFIC. It is without a doubt the best colour, and it looks as good today as it did in the showroom (I mean the look of the NSX in that colour, not the shine or quality of the paint). The NSX was my fifth red car, and I've bought a further two red cars since purchasing it. Put another way, 7 of the 8 cars I've owned have been red. I guess I'm kinda sold on red cars ....

Tiger,

My first and only choice was a red NSX. I love how the color pops out under the sun and how deep the color gets at certain angles (thanks to the red-tinted clear coat that goes with every red NSX's). Plus, I like how the red rear lights look flush with the rest of the car.

As far as color is concerned, I only say one thing: If you're going to get a flashy car, might as well get it in a flashy color!

I love my red NSX because it is red and not orange like many "red" cars are.
They stay red too unlike some other red cars that fade to a pink/red.
I also love Kaiser Silver Metallic like TonyD's in the NE-NSXCA car. Very classy color IMO.

My dream was a Red/Tan. Unfortunetly, beggers can't be choosers and at the time I got a greal deal on my White NSX.

There is a pretty good chance my next one will be Red. The tan would just be a bonus.

Soichiro said:
Poor Nick has only owned his car for a short while. I can say my experience of owning a Formula Red NSX for 14 years is - TERRIFIC.
No one has owned an NSX for 14 years yet. If they still have the car, the very first buyers will be hitting their 14th anniversary in the next few weeks. I'll hit mine towards the end of this year.

I'm pretty sure that Soichiro has owned his for closer to 12 years than 14. Poor Soichiro has only owned his car for a short while...

Love the Formula Red. Sports cars + red color = whiplash (head-turning). If I didn't own a Formula red then I'd settle for a Kaiser silver metallic.;) :).

Danny Yee.

1. NO -- wanted a silver/ivory or silver/black.

Bought a 91 red/ivory in 1997 after searching for silver for over 6 months.
The market on low-mile silver/ivory (91 only) was pretty much cornered, so decided it would be silver/black.

My 93 s/b "found" me in 1998, and I've had her ever since.

2. YES -- it was my third RED car, and probably not my last.

3. Its a GREAT color for the NSX (and sportscars in general).

Other colors I'd like:
- silver: easy to keep clean, highlights car lines, etc
- pearl yellow (ala Lambo)
- pearl white (similar to what Audis use) -- GREAT on NSXs (very hot in Japan)

Red has been emblazoned in my memory from my first NSX sighting over 10 years ago. Last year, before finally buying one, I broke the news to my wife that red was the color. Her reply: "You're crazy.." Our last 4 cars were silver. Then we both came upon a red 03 that was just washed and sitting in direct sunlight. Her reply: "Oh yeah, red is definately the color.."

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10089&stc=1

Back