Do the mirrors fold in?

I've always wondered this. My guess would be it doesn't, but I can't help but wonder if they do, though I'm not about to try it.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Yes, the outside mirrors do indeed fold in.

I've heard they were designed this way because that's how they ship the cars; they don't take up as much width on the boat coming over.

Have you tried to fold them in? I'm scared to break it, but if you've tried it I'll do the same.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Yes, the outside mirrors do indeed fold in.

I've heard they were designed this way because that's how they ship the cars; they don't take up as much width on the boat coming over.

I've also seen this come in handy in many foreign countries when leaving your car parallel parked on narrow streets. Saves you the frustration of coming back and finding your mirror on the ground.

I fold mine every time I wash the car. Less water gets trapped in there that way. You just sort of rotate it. You have to use a little bit of force.

Yes, they actually fold both ways, although I am not sure why one would fold them outward.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Well, if something hit it moving toward the front of the car, it'd get moved in that direction.

Also, I flip them forward when I autocross to get more visibility in that area. Every little bit helps when you're trying to look ahead on a tight course.

-Mike

[This message has been edited by grippgoat (edited 02 April 2002).]

Originally posted by Lud:
I fold mine every time I wash the car. Less water gets trapped in there that way. You just sort of rotate it. You have to use a little bit of force.

That's a damn good idea Lud! Why didn't I ever think of that.
rolleyes.gif

Back