Do SC's Cause Pre-Mature Engine Wear

thats if your poor and don't have a 1.2 million trust fund =)
So my plan was to work on a car that i can afford to pay and mod now... and yes i would take a nsx over a civic because it my dream other than a supra

1 nsx
2 supra
3 s2000
4 s600
5 2004 Integra Type R

and i personall think that my civic would take many of you guys because of the fact of stock/slight modded nsx vs my modded hatchback on the track and st8 line. Fact is that the parts you gotta get are about 3 times as much as mine and that i work with a wider array of aftermarket parts..

compair if we must!

1996 honda civic hatchback cx
Curb Weight (lbs., MT/AT):2238/2304
Engine(swap): B18C5
197 Horsepower@7600rpm
140 Torque@6200rpm
stock
buildup plan..
replace all stock internals with titanum.
bore out to 2.0
lower compression to around 8:1 8.5:1 need lower for boost
new garret t3/t4 hybrid turbo..
basic boltons..
intercooler
i have friends with this build up in integras and 2door coupe civics... they are running about 11.3 -11.9 1/4
but im not building up for 1/4 im build it up for course track..
so if anyone would like to bet/lose money on
little "pathetic" civic that i only spent 9 grand on and + 5 in the build up ... hehe

and you spent 100 grand ... hehe

Trust me ive loved the nsx since 92... i know how much i want it.. i planned to get one.. but im planning to get one with a blown engine.. and rebuild and up grade the entire car from scratch and end up comming out with somethign that would prob.. make you guys wish you had knowledge of logic.

is there logic buying a car that is 3200lbs
with 290 hp for 115,000 ?

or getting one for 20 grand that has internal engine problems, no frame damage,and build it up yourself...

nsx for 20 grand.. its called auction. dealers license!

yes i can go buy a new one
but i rather have fun and build mine up from scratch and tease with you guys that go to shops and have other people do the work you should be doing!
If you do your own work that comment isn't for you.... i respect you ... i just don't respect someone that doesn't even know how to install a exhaust manifold or piping... or even a freakin intake pipe...

FOR ALL THE TECHS OUT THERE I RESEPECT YOU ALL I CAN!

-jonathan age 21

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
Do I see another 7 page post in our future?

Yes... and I see it all disappearing again two days further into the future.
biggrin.gif

By the way the nsx came out in 91 not 92 and if you plan on putting 8:1 your gonna kill the reliablility your suppose to run 9:5:1 on turbo civics. I was at South FLorida today and their civic with a B18 motor put 748hp to the ground no NOS with 9:5:1. My friend George has a fully built Integra its gonna cost at least 10k to make it get up and go save your $ and get an nsx instead no matter what, your still in a civic anywhere you go.

Back