Do Dealers in CA really want to sell a 2003 NSX?

I can't believe the lack of response I have gotten from several dealers while looking for a NSX. Upon contacting a couple of dealers I have found that the initial reponse is positive "Oh we can get you whatever you are looking for" then I never hear back from them. So, is it just that the inventory is low? Anyone else have this experience? I regret not grabbing that Imola Orange at Stevens Creek, I guess I'll wait for the 04 or 05 model (if it is produced and if they really want to sell one).. :confused:

The problem is there aren't may cars left. Of course dealers will tell you they can get one (mine did)...and they will try as hard as they can to find you a car. The dealers that have cars will not turn loose of them b/c they want to sell them themselves (went through that in my search and ended up buying out of state).

ascot met with a ca dealer and there's some info on availability in this thread

18 cars left in the country, 7 silver...with 15 more undetermined color NSX's in transit.

You can have one of the Acura dealers do a "Locate" for you. Most likely they are not going to give you the list and send their potential customer away. If the Acura dealer you deal with has a good relationship with another Acura dealer (meaning they do a lot of dealer trade), they should be able to trade and get you your NSX.

The production run for US is about 200 units for 2003.

As of a couple of weeks ago, John Vasos of Acura of Brookfield (Wisconsin - 800-383-3936) had a new '03 Imola Orange with ~600 miles on it on the lot, and is expecting a new '03 New Formula Red to arrive some time next month.

i've having the same experience...i've contacted about 6 dealerships and none can give me what i want. the did a search and came back with a sad face. aaaaaaahhhhhhh i guess i'll convert mine to the 03 later.

Unless they already have one burning the floor in the dealership, I doubt they are going to go out of their way to find you one. Especially, at the prices that they have been selling for. If you wanted any of there other models (i.e. profitible, easily attainable), they would be all over you. It sucks, but, why would the salesperson want to go through the trouble and cost of locating and transporting one for you when there is no profit?

CK - I disagree...There is plenty of profit made on the 03 NSX lease. The cap cost is $84K vs an invoice of $79K...and that is at the discount price. Compare that to a TL Type S $31K base sticker to $28.5K invoice...so there is more profit selling the NSX at a huge discount. Not to mention allocations...the more they sell, the more they will be able to obtain directly from Acura next year, or even additional cars this year (there are some still being made). Shipping costs the dealers very little and they may even ask you to split the cost and add it into your lease without it affecting your paymement much (they're good at that).

yellowpad - what color combo are you looking for?

Doing a "locate" may find a car but I spoke to several dealeships about their cars and they said NO WAY they would let it go to another dealer. But if you know they are out there, you can do a little legwork and probably find them. I dealt directly with Stevens Creek (Imola) and Acura of Libertyville (LB Blue) and actually was able to make a choice of those 2 colors. Given what I know now, my timing was really good and I consider myself lucky I was able to find the exact car I wanted.

Andymo1972,

I believe that the original post was not about a lease, but a straight purchase. I agree that a lease is definitely a profitable transaction for the dealer, but I am talking about a sale of a car at, or below invoice. Many people on this forum will expect to pay low 70's for that car and I have a feeling that is why no dealers would be interested in their business.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I finally found a dealer that is willing to order the car for me. Now the tuff part will be deciding between the orange or onyx interior with Imola exterior.

Back