DIY projects

A huge shout-out to Don for helping me get many items knocked off my DIY list this past weekend.

Don, you are awesome! :smile:

And I love the Shark II antenna on my silver NSX, even if it was a major PITA to get it installed.

2012-05-13_03.jpg

I had a great time! Workin' and shooting the breeze.........We are gonna do this again soon :wink:....

Ya shoulda gone with the butt plug antenna delete mod. :biggrin:

ohh is that what you are calling it?

SOO many words for that one...

Mike, gimme a call this week

My Traditional Memorial weekend to get ready for summer fun..
-Wash
-Clay
-Try to remove "swirls" from a bad wash job:frown:, I knew not to trust anyone else to wash it...
-Wax
-Detail engine, trunk, under hood, interior etc....
Some of this done while watching the indy 500 on my garage flat screen.

Then Install JDM Map Bags:smile: I may do this first tho...

Don, I may have to borrow your panel clip remover to take off my console and door trim pieces for refinishing. :)

I am attending Phoenix Comicon on Saturday, and am available Sunday until mid-afternoon (have a friend's bday dinner to go to), and all day Monday. Hopefully I can help you with some of your projects. :smile:

I plan on doing the wash/wax on sunday morning:smile: so come on over! On monday morning its whatever I did not finish on sunday.
My son Travis has tickets for comicon, and plans to go thurs and Sat.

Last edited:
As soon as I fabricate myself one of these!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yG8CUHGb1Y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aVC0HGH4nrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now its Super detail Sunday/Monday with Phoen$x help! Plus whatever he need to get done, I am ready to help remove the console...

Last edited:
Don, thank you and Karen for your gracious hospitality and delicious food this weekend! You sure can cook! :smile: Thanks for the assistance on my car too, and getting my center tail light sorted out. I greatly appreciate your friendship and help! Looking forward to the next project. :smile:

Don, thank you and Karen for your gracious hospitality and delicious food this weekend! You sure can cook! :smile: Thanks for the assistance on my car too, and getting my center tail light sorted out. I greatly appreciate your friendship and help! Looking forward to the next project. :smile:

We had a great time too! Cant wait for our next DIY!....

Don, I can't think you enough for your help with my NSXs over the past few weekends. I am so happy to have my refinished trim panels installed, and my car put back together with the iPod adapter installed. I loved my NSXs before, but I really love them now! I am extremely fortunate and grateful to have you for a friend. Happy Father's Day and enjoy the day off! :smile:

You are so welcome. I had a blast helping you. And Thank you too! Now it just maintenance...How about the trans fluid next? :smile: Or maybe a good wash/wax or ?
I need to get my usa spec adapter working again:frown: Wonder if it was because I updated to IOS 5.1.1?

You are so welcome. I had a blast helping you. And Thank you too! Now it just maintenance...How about the trans fluid next? :smile: Or maybe a good wash/wax or ?
I need to get my usa spec adapter working again:frown: Wonder if it was because I updated to IOS 5.1.1?

Oh shoot, I didn't think to try my iPhone with 5.0.1, sorry. :(

The transmission fluid can wait until after we do your brakes. :) I love learning to work on the NSX! Also, I found the solution for my iPod cable problem (with it not fitting into my iPhone bumper opening): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Male-to-Fem...dapter-for-iPod-iPhone-4S-iPad2-/251054694164

Project time continues! I have a growing pile of parts waiting to get installed on my 93:

2012-07-20_nsx_parts.jpg

My project list includes:

• replace main relay
  • adjust clutch engagement point
  • replace chin spoiler
  • install front passenger fender liner
  • replace trunk struts
  • inspect/install new front brakes
  • order & install Shark 2 antenna
  • order & install SOS engine hatch struts
  • order & install iPod adapter
  • fix/replace OEM stereo
  • remove trim for refinishing
  • install leatherseats.com seat kit
  • replace dirty fluids
I had S2ki member Touge_S2k refinish my SOS Rapid Shift Knob and it turned out amazing! I'll post before/after pics later but here's a quick photo.

SOS_rapid_shift_knob.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be happy to help out with any of this stuff. For some of it, all I may be able to offer is an extra pair of hands/eyes and some conversation, but most of it looks pretty simple.

Give me a call, we'll set up a time.

I'd be happy to help out with any of this stuff. For some of it, all I may be able to offer is an extra pair of hands/eyes and some conversation, but most of it looks pretty simple.

Give me a call, we'll set up a time.

Thanks for the generous offer, Mark. It was nice meeting you last week. Don's house is centrally located between us, so hopefully we can all hang out and learn to work on NSXs soon. :)

Hey, it will be my pleasure. By the way, let me know if you need any technical diagrams or service/repair instructions. I can print them out at school for pretty much any car.

There is a small chance that some things may not be available, but so far, everything I've look up for NSX is there.

Back