DIY 3m carbon wrap

Hi guys I am currently promoting this product if Miami Florida for any locals I have my roof tail & mirrors done along with interior pieces. It blends right in with the real stuff as well .We also sell it depending on what measurements you need from small to large jobs.email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Wrapped the hood to cover-up some defects and the light covers to blend in.

DSC00069.jpg

bringing this post back from the dead, but saw a red NSX in Vegas, with the roof Bpillars, and mirrors wrapped in this, Didn't look bad. wish U gotten a picture. Was hoping the owner was on here and had posted a picture.

I hardly use the car and been a little busy. Will get one when i get a chance. It looks better at nite though.

Are you still around? How about snapping a photo. Interested in seeing something outdoors almost a year later.

Does anyone have better pictures of the NSX roof covered in it? (maybe in day light?) I'll be most likely getting my roof done with it, but want to see how anyone else has it done..

DiNoc rocks! I did my S4 interior and it looks soo much better than the wood trim it had before. The picture does not do the justice, it looks better in person.

AudiS4.jpg

Does anyone have pix of the whole roof done?

I started to work on my roof just now, it's not done yet, but here is a pix. Still need to have the moldings done.

_DTS4058.JPG

Does anyone have pix of the whole roof done?

I started to work on my roof just now, it's not done yet, but here is a pix. Still need to have the moldings done.

_DTS4058.JPG

That looks really good. I'm gonna do the same. When I first saw this stuff, I saw it on a Nsx dash and thought it was real. :eek: In fact, I like the look better than the real deal.

All of pics posted look real good and I want to do my GSXR 600 windscreen too.

wrap the whole car :biggrin:

since the car is black anyway, you dont need to worry about any color mismatching especially the engine bay or hood area

Might post some pics if it stops raining tomorrow. This stuff is great, but I notice it's good on straight or some what curved surfaces, but in direct sunlight surfaces that are inverted will start deform to it's original form, but areas stretched on corners are not impacted. For example the pillar where the handle is on NSX is difficult. Had to re-do my twice.

Ok, rain went a way. Here are few pix. I think it looks ok, and if I get tired with it, it's fully reversible. Just like pealing a sticker off. Here are few pix I took.

_DTS4095.JPG

_DTS4136.JPG

_DTS4171.JPG

_DTS4178.JPG

_DTS4117.JPG

i need some of this stuff in my life, it looks awesome

Does this stuff match the look of real CF?

NSXEXY
where did you get your DIY 3M wrap?

Last edited:
Thinking about wrapping my whole car. Any idea how this stuff bonds to fiberglass if I was to wait until the Sorcery widebody was done?

Tom

Thinking about wrapping my whole car. Any idea how this stuff bonds to fiberglass if I was to wait until the Sorcery widebody was done?

Tom

Is it painted? I don't think it will stick well to raw FG and filler. Its like a big sticker

Last edited:

Tom

From my limited experience with vehicle wraps, no it wont adhere to just fiberglass very well.

From my limited experience with vehicle wraps, no it wont adhere to just fiberglass very well.

Is it painted? I don't think it will stick well to raw FG and filler. Its like a big sticker

Not what I wanted to hear, but good advice thanks guys. It might actually be less to finish the car with paint and clear after it's done being body worked than to wrap it.

Is there such thing as an adhesive promoter spray for the fiberglass?

Back