DIY 3m carbon wrap

just finished one side a few hours ago and here it is. On one picture you will see why i did this.

CIMG5301.JPG

CIMG5302.JPG

CIMG5303.JPG

CIMG5306.JPG

What kind of material did you buy? Im going to do some interior parts on my S4 and want to get some. Looks good. They have some stuff you can paint over now and It looks like the wet CF.

That part came out really nce! Great work!

I'm sure that you were able to save $$$ when compared to having it wrapped by some vendors offering this type of service.

where can i get some of that stuff, I want to do some parts on my bike. Looks great, nice job

Can you tell is some more details - how hard was it to do on the recessed curves and outer edges? What's the trick?

I recently used the 3m wrap on my interior pieces and they came out looking great. Will post pics as soon as I have a chance to finish reinstalling them, unfortunately work has taken me away from my toy for a few weeks. The wrap was fairly inexpensive considering the other option of true CF parts. Pretty easy to work with, use a heat gun CAREFULLY to warm the film and it stretches and bends very well. Heat it too much and the wrap loses it's texture and turns dark. Great product overall. Bought it online at carbonfibervinyl.com arrived quickly.

Last edited:
Can you tell is some more details - how hard was it to do on the recessed curves and outer edges? What's the trick?

Really easy to work with, just heat it up and it pretty much forms to any curve. I was interested as well and wanted to try it out so I covered my laptop.

DSC01597.JPG

Last edited:
Really easy to work with, just heat it up and it pretty much forms to any curve. I was interested as well and wanted to try it out so I covered my laptop.

DSC01597.JPG

WOW. That makes me want to do all my appliances in cf wrap. My Hoover and Maytag are about to get alot cooler looking.

I don't know if it looks fake or not....since nobody uses real CF any more I have nothing to compare it to. All of the tackiness, none of the function. :rolleyes:

CF is for strength and weight savings....that is why it is "cool". This craptastic wrap is the equivalency of lambo doors on a civic. Get over it.

Just got some 3m vinyl wrap in the mail and wanted to do my first run on the Daily Driver just incase i screwed it up hardcore :rolleyes: But it turned out really good! Here are some before and after pics.

Before
CFVinylHyundai3.jpg

1/2 way through
CFVinylHyundai2.jpg

Done!
CFVinylHyundai.jpg

CFVinylHyundai4.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great.

Question: How well does it hold up against scratches?

while i was cutting out some of the pieces the surface was being scratched on my table, after looking over it, i do not see one scratch on the entire piece. So i think it will hold very well against scratches. Plus, if you see some just take the blow dryer to it and they will go away. :wink:

while i was cutting out some of the pieces the surface was being scratched on my table, after looking over it, i do not see one scratch on the entire piece. So i think it will hold very well against scratches. Plus, if you see some just take the blow dryer to it and they will go away. :wink:

cool thanks

Back