Discussion about Audi, Merc, BMW, Honda, Lexus, Nissan and their upcoming supercars

Here is a link about the next Bmw M10: http://jalopnik.com/cars/you-call-that-r8-a-midlife-crisis?/bmw-skunk-works-readies-m10-264318.php

Everyone seems to be insisting on going front engine.
I'm not sure about mercedes but every maker above insists on the front engine layout.
Lexus LFA
Honda "nsx" replacement
BMW M10
Nissan GTR

Here is info on the mercedes: http://www.autospies.com/news/Mercedes-building-new-supercar-without-McLaren-15679/

So there are a lot of new sports cars/supercars coming out most mid engine and it seems most 4wd.

Speaking of 4wd, is 4wd ultimatly superior? It seems to be working in the Audi R8.
Check this out:
Next month EVO's R8 test...

0-100mph: 10.4s

Bedford West Circuit: 1.22,1min

For comparison...
F430F1 1.24,2min
Porsche 997 Turbo 1.23,55min
Porsche 997 GT3 1.23,1min
Ferrari 599GTB 1.23,1min
Lamborghini Gallardo(520hp) 1.22,8min

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=353344&an=0&page=0#353344

The R8 is in some ways what the next NSX should be in that it is a midengined car that focuses on handling rather then brute force. It like the original NSX beat established supercar makers at their own game.
Other then that I would expect a midengine nsx to be around 3000 lbs vs. R8 being around 3500(too lazy to look up exact figure). If honda has the technology to make a chassis and other stuff to match the R8 they could beat ferrari, porche, lamborghini and now even audi.

Other cars in a similar price range to the ones mentioned above include next lotus esprit, possible porsche cayman rs/turbo.

and then theres this.........www.caparo-t1.com

The "Baby Lambo" is keeping everyone else out of the MR market

Ferrari is the KING of the MR market...but they have a 3 year waiting-list and that makes them expensive and hard to come by.

There was a good 40% of this market for the NSX to soak-up back in the 1990's... so Honda went for it.

But now with the Gallardo at $150k (for a sligtly used 1,500 mile car)... eveyone else is afraid to jump in this market segment. For that money, no one can build a better car than Lambo.

Lambo has the big $$$ and resources of Audi, VW ...and can crank out more cars if the market demands it. Unlike Ferrari that sticks to the B.S. line- "making fewer cars then the market is willing to buy".

Gallardo is the NSX killer that made Honda drop the HSC and run away from MR cars for good. :mad: I wish Honda would drop it ego and just build a $80k car, and stop worrying about competeing with the BIG BOYS. $80K MR is the right car to build (just needs more than 290HP for that price).

But Honda wants to chase AM and Ferrari... Big mistake!

Last edited:
.... I wish Honda would drop it ego and just build a $80k car, and stop worrying about competeing with the BIG BOYS. $80K MR is the right car to build (just needs more than 290HP for that price).

But Honda wants to chase AM and Ferrari... Big mistake!

Honda's Ego is quite big. A big part of that Ego is cultural. In general, the Japanese thinks they are the superior race within the Asian community. When probed further, I learned that the Japanese thinks they are the superior race in the world.

That kind of mindset makes a leader determined to build a V10 after years of public criticism about an "inferior" V6.

Heh if they are gonna build it based on their Ego it will be some 6 liter V12 with 750 HP :D

But unfortunately we won't see it, esp. for under 100K :)

Back