Dilemmna! 92' or 94' NSX ??

Guys I'm in the market for an NSX NA1.. but I dont know which way I should go an

1992' NSX RED 5sp
- 45K miles
- 17''/18" wheels Racing hart close to new and stock OEM wheels
- Full service history just had major service clutch, timing belt, brakes, the full alot costed a fortune.
- has vehicle tracking
- painted roof

1327537_.jpg

OR

1994' NSX RED 5sp
-40K miles
- OEM WHeels..
- service history

no pic

both are roughly the same price.

what are the pros and cons..

all comments are much appreciated.
even questions I should ask and look at.

thanx Nico

Advantages for the '92:

- vehicle tracking
- service up to date
- aftermarket wheels (if you like that look)
- painted roof (if you like that look)

Advantages for the '94:

- newer
- fewer miles (not by much though)
- 7-spoke wheels (if you like that look)
- original roof (if you like that look)

Things I would ask:

- Is the '92 in snap ring range?
- Have the window regulators on the '92 been upgraded?
- Have the timing belt and water pump been replaced on the '94?

The answers might determine which one I would choose. I would also compare condition very carefully, and make sure everything works, including A/C and stereo. I would choose a car that is well cared for over one that is newer but not as well cared for.

OK.
1stly bout myself which may answer a few Q's. I currently own a 06/99' Euro M3 EVOII 3.2L 321HP 6SP "Individual" in Imola Red II Convertible Aniverssary Edition Number 67 of 70.
- CF Bonnet
- Rieger E46M3 bumper
- Painted Mouldings
- H&R Coilovers on 19x8F 19x9.5R Modenas on ContiSports
- E46M3 rear spoiler
- DDE Gen V & 4300K Xenons
- E46 look eyelids
- Custom CAI
- Hi Tech Custom Exhaust

DSCF0077.jpg

So from that I think u guys will know my car won't remain stock..
nsxtasy- the timing belts have been replaced.. full service this is a 2nd owner a mate of a mate.. he bought 18 months ago with 38K miles.. and he did the roof, tracking and wheels/tires and has 7K since..till 2 months ago he lost his licence for 12 months for doing 100MPH in a 50 zone..
snap ring- I have to check the transmission number right ?? window regulator if it hasnt been fixed isnt expensive right ?? I heard Dali has a fix..
I definitely like the roof, tracking and the wheels to an extend I like the fact its 17"/18" setup but not the wheels.
Something I just can't get over is buyign something 11 years old..

brian- I dont really like the racing harts.. how much are they worth anyways rims only ?? cos I'd probably be selling them I want Volks TE/LE 37's... but NSX rims would be hard to sell here in OZ..

Thanx guys..
I'll take some more pics of engine bay and interior.. I hope to have an NSX by September.

huh ??
nsxtasy- If your comments aren't sarcastic.. your comment has been the only negative I've received bout my car.. if its not your taste that's fine :) but many others like it .
As to the NSX in not buying it y ?? what are u afraid of me doing to the car ??

if your comments are constructive its much appreciated.

NSXBOX said:
nsxtasy- If your comments aren't sarcastic.. your comment has been the only negative I've received bout my car.. if its not your taste that's fine :) but many others like it .

I'm sure there are plenty who don't, but don't want to say so. Not to your face, anyway...

true :)
hey at least your better than that TOPAYtrader dude..mega problems..

anyways to my previous posts any ideas mate ?

NSXBOX said:
true :)
hey at least your better than that TOPAYtrader dude..mega problems..

anyways to my previous posts any ideas mate ?

I think it is the carbon fiber hood. It really is an aquired taste. As a former E36 owner, I can see you put some very tasteful mods, but I personally would have painted the carbon fiber hood to match. I'm one of those guys that rather have color matched things. Other than that;) :D

NSXBOX said:
snap ring- I have to check the transmission number right ??

Right. This could be a significant consideration.

NSXBOX said:
window regulator if it hasnt been fixed isnt expensive right ?? I heard Dali has a fix..

Right. You will have to open up the door panels. But the Dali parts are only $16 for a pair (both sides).

NSXBOX said:
Something I just can't get over is buyign something 11 years old..

That's not a consideration, for a car that is well maintained and in excellent condition, and it sounds like both these cars qualify.

Sounds like you're struggling because they are so similar. Which means you can't really go wrong, either way.

nsxtasy- thanx will do! I am being swayed to the 92' I'm trying to get the price down..

tony- the plates aren't there anymore...it was for a few days until I found a reliable way of putting them on as I just got the plate in that picture.

btw, another NSX came on the market a 94' 39K miles with BBS wheels and Mugen exhaust but in brooklands green and its cheaper by a few grand. A problem with NSX's in OZ is that they're rare only 131 in the country sold in the last 13 years so its hard to be picky.

UCD-053-197.jpg

Attachments

• mas2.jpg
    mas2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 276
yeah true actually all round that mark the cleanest NSX put on market not including 02/03's in the last year is this immaculate 95' White 23K miles..

i-3_B.JPG

Awesome car original and clean very good recipient for some Type R treatment. Unfortunately, the price he wants is out of my budget US$60K.

Hey Nico

For what its worth, I believe that green one is a Japanese import.

Unique Cars always has a few NSX's and they sit around for ages and ages and ages....unfortunately, they have a 'orphan' reputation which does not help the seller...but helps the buyer immensely!!

There was a purple targa on carpoint recently at a very good price (for the year/km combo)

With the white one, you could always try and negotiate.

Lastly, if the two red ones are the same k's and about the same price, I would go for the latter model subject only to its history - I turned down many later SVX's with gaps in their history, multiple owners and bought a 1992 model with one owner, a receipt for every single cent (literally!) he spent on it, and immaculate. The same can apply to the NSX - care and history speak for themselves, subject only to the recalls/fixes that need to be done (SVX's had a number of problems, especially with the trannies, but mine was fixed)

My only hesitiation would be the speeding...yes, we all speed but it may begin to sound in a bit of the 'drag-racing' element - I don't know the seller or what he's like etc but if it came to two equally priced cars and all other things being equal, one seller being done for speeding and the other selling because of a house/going o'seas etc, I would choose the later.

Cheers

James

I agree with Ken. That is a shame of what you did to such a beautiful car.

To each his own. Nothing against you.

jam- the 92 has all the paperwork and history records including a yes $8000 service bill a few months back! Owner is early 30's owner driver who works for the SYdney city council and has a temporary licence which only allows him to drive 8-5 monday to friday he's my nextdoor neighbours friend.

I'll be getting my mechanic/panel beater to check the body and mechanics of the car this sunday and thats when I'll take more pics of the car.

Did I mention i sat in the only Type R NSX in OZ ! :) CF Recaros electric! CF SPEEDO! he wants $100K or US$67K its a 94' in Yellow with CF GT wing and exhaust 67K KM or 40K miles.

oh yeah the white one he doesn't want to budge and its out of my budget as I just bought a new place..

oh yeah for all you OEM/stock lovers once I finish with the magazine photoshoots the car will be going back to stock :)
btw, ken and others whats your take on modded NSX's ?? like MYNSX ? and the jap NSX's ?? ala Top End ?

nsxbox, whatever car you do decide on just make sure an experienced nsx mechanic inpects the car first.

also, have you considered a 95 or newer? its a blast to ride around with the top off!

hlweyl- definitely will get a mechanic to look at it..but I suppose Honda just did in their last service...
no more open top cars for me for a while.. I want a coupe for the extra rigidity.. I just came from a convertible.. I want to have abit of track time in it.. also targa's are still too expensive here in oz US$70K>

Back