• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Different badge for the next NSX?

I would say having a Honda badge on the NSX somehow make impression on people that the car is cheaper than it actually cost. I would rather have the next NSX have it's own badge ala RX7. What say you?

Jin1976 said:
I would say having a Honda badge on the NSX somehow make impression on people that the car is cheaper than it actually cost. I would rather have the next NSX have it's own badge ala RX7. What say you?

This is not true, at least partly.

If I am not wrong here 1st (SA/FB) and 2nd (FC) gen RX-7's were sold under the 'Savanna' label and 3rd gen's (FD) under the 'Efini' label in Japan only.

For the rest of the world, at least for Europe and US I am absolutely sure about this, all three generations of RX-7's were always badged as Mazda's.

However, I am not sure about Australia/Asia market.

Euro/US spec 1st and 2gen RX-7's did not have a logo (decals), instead of just the 'mazda' lettering. 3rd gen cars had the 'old' Mazda logo on which was introduced for all Mazda car line-up in 1992 and replaced by the new logo in 1997 which would apply from '98 models on in some markets.
(In Germany we do not exactly have this way of calling cars by 'model year'; just counting by the year a car is built.)

3rd gen cars were officially imported to Europe and US from 1992 (in US cars built in '91 and '92 were sold as '93 model) until 1995 only, with some remaining '95 models being sold until early-mid 1996; after that there was no '96 or later model anymore for North America and Europe.
All these cars were always and only badged with the 'old' Mazda logo.

I know they continued exporting a few RHD 3rd gen cars for a very few years to Australia and maybe elsewhere in Asia/Pacific region after 1995 until ...? (maybe 1997 or even a bit later). Those might have been basically JP spec cars. As said above, not sure though what these cars may have been labeled there.

And in 1998 Mazda stopped badging the JP spec 3rd gen cars with the 'Efini' logo. After that the new Mazda logo (Mazda 'wing') was put on the face-lifted '99~'02 models then until end of production in August 2002.

The whole 'Efini' label was discontinued in 1998, AFAIR.

Sorry for off-topic (no NSX content), just to clear up things a bit.

'86 FC NA (sold)
'91 FC TII (sold)
'92 FD
'95 FD
'89 CA5 (sold)
'92 NA1

Last edited:
same here... NSX is a Honda !!

I wish the new model to be badged the same way the current ('old') NSX is here in Europe: 'H' (Honda) decals at front and rear end and 'NSX' lettering at the rear end. Nothing else.

We should try and guess what it will be called. It should have a name containing two or three letters, anyone care to have a guess?
I'll go with "NXC", which stands for Next Generation Composite (GenX Nerd Car). Then again, NXS would be cool and sums up how I feel about a v10. FVX for Formula V10?

Attachments

• fa640872.jpg
    fa640872.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 747
I think they should call it the "Eternal Sportsmind Slutmagnet" if there is room on the car for all of that. Maybe the Performance Oriented Slutmagnet would be another possibilty and then when people ask what I drove I could say " I have a POS!"

Shumdit said:
I think they should call it the "Eternal Sportsmind Slutmagnet" if there is room on the car for all of that. Maybe the Performance Oriented Slutmagnet would be another possibilty and then when people ask what I drove I could say " I have a POS!"

Slutmagnet reminds of the time my co-worker's car was called a Slutmobile by one of his customers. She was acting all snotty when he showed up and asked, "Did you drive that slutmobile today?" I about split a rib laughing so hard when he told me that.... :biggrin:

I hope NSX will not follow the path of RX7 to RX8.....
**if you have seen test report of RX8...or simply drive RX8 in the GT4 videogame with a GT Force Pro wheel.....(this car really sucks!)

Back