• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Diamond Audio D6 300.4 Amp Replacement?

xrc

Experienced Member
I have an older SOS Audiophile setup that came with the Diamond Audio D6 300.4 (300watt x 4) amplifier. I still run the Diamond Audio 6.5 in the door but swapped out the sub + box for one of Angus slim units with the Pioneer IB-Flat 10".

If I replace my older Diamond Audio amp, I would obviously opt to go with a smaller amp like the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4. Will this little guy be able to handle the job?

Thanks,
Jason

Alpines are good, JLs are excellent, Polk Audio makes some nice class D amps... Well they don't make it but it's still a nice amp, almost identical to the Hertz at less $. The RF amps are good but you are asking too much of that little guy. The 300X4 and their mono amp in combination would be ok.

Looks nice. What made you pick that?

How do you map four channels? I guess the SoS system has passive crossovers (so there's no separate tweeter feed) and then you bi-amp the sub? Or can you bridge two channels to make a killer mono sub amp?

It's bridged to 3. Door speakers are passive xover.

It's bridged to 3. Door speakers are passive xover.

So assuming you wanted active control over the crossovers (using either a head unit with that capability or a processor) you would need a 6ch amp as we've discussed previously.

Yes 6 or a 5. Or two amps.

Back