DF rear fitment

fwiw I have a df diffuser mated to an oem 02 valance and it all fits together nicely.The df type R wing fits well..but the black color is a little gray compared to the oem berlina.

i think the df rear valance looks a bit better than oem, because of the extra flare to the lip. if it wasnt for the little detail i would of gone OEM. i have one sitting in the garage. still need to test fit and get painted.

I'm surprised to read this.

I always thought Downforce made the best body parts for the Nsx with exception to ProCar.

Saying that when i bought my DF-R side intakes the laqour was pitty and not great in places.

the DF part is fiberglass, just sand it down where it protrudes out a bit before you paint it. Easy

There's a lil more to it then that. The mounting tabs need to be trimmed off and Re-fiberglassed Blocked finished Primed and painted. Im going to drill new mounting holes and see if I can get mine to fit better. It is on my list of many things to do this winter.

I'm very surprised. I have side skirts, rear wing , engine garnish and license plate garnish and seats all from Down Force and every piece is perfect. Maybe there is something wrong with their mold for the rear valance ?

From what I recall when I instaled my DF rear valance, there are tabs on the OEM bumper that the valance has to fit under to keep the valance tight against the bottom of the bumper. the DF valance is too thick to fit under those tabs (hooks) well. I just sanded my valance down on the inside to make the carbon fiber thinner so it would fit undneath the tabs....Problem solved!

Back